What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
We watched Philomena. Can't believe a religious group could so evil. We then watched the TV "My boyfriend murdered me".
We had a really cheerful night.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hunger Games is excellent, the sequel is pretty good too. Annoyingly, the final book has been split into two films. I don't understand the comparisons with Battle Royale as they are completely different.

I watched both versions of Insomnia over the weekend. I'm not sure which I prefer to be honest, largely because Skarsgard and Pacino are so good. Both get 7/10 from me.

I want to watch the second one as well. I watched the da vinci code. Yeah I know, but it's fine to chill out to.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Agreed. It's total hokum but entertaining enough. Although Jean Reno did look a bit embarrassed every time he was on the screen.

He's a good actor. I like him. I have an ap on my tablet called TV portal, and I can get all sorts of films to watch for free. I think the second hunger games is one of them.

I can also watch series as well and it costs nothing.

yello

I didn't know there were two versions of Insomnia.

I enjoyed the Pacino one, and I was expecting great things after director Christopher Nolan's previous film, the simply brilliant Momento, so to NOT be disappointed by Insomnia says a great deal in itself.

Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Easily the best Transformers film yet. A bit slow to get started but once the action kicks in it's all go.

AndyRM

XOXO
Natural Born Killers.

I have watched this film so many times I've lost count and it consistently makes my very fluid Top 5. The sound track, script and concept are all flawless. I will never understand how some people don't get that it's one of the most biting satires ever made. The performances from Woody Harrellson, Juliette Lewis, Tommy Lee and Tom Sizemore are all phenomenal, but Robert Downey Jr. steals the show.

9/10

AndyRM

XOXO
Mum and Dad.

A short, sharp and grim slice of low budget British horror. Sort of like Texas Chainsaw Massacre set in Hounslow. Let down a bit by some sketchy effects, though it is well acted and shot.

5/10

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
My wife watched 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' apparently it's moved the franchise on adding depth and integrity to the story and beyond being a worthy sequel to the original is almost just the second half of the original missive and together they make an awesome cinematic experience not to be missed.

stephec

Legendary Member
Mum and Dad.

A short, sharp and grim slice of low budget British horror. Sort of like Texas Chainsaw Massacre set in Hounslow. Let down a bit by some sketchy effects, though it is well acted and shot.

5/10

You're not really selling it to me there. :biggrin:

davdandy

Mum and Dad.

5/10

I love Mum and Dad,i would give it a seven.Though i do have a horror fetish so slightly biased.

AndyRM

XOXO
Hell.

A German take on a post apocalyptic world, casting the sun as our enemy. A pretty generic effort to be honest, drawing heavily from Mad Max and The Road but never quite reaching the heights or creativity of either. The cleverest part is the title, as hell is German for bright/light, which is a well used effect. It's well paced until the last 20 minutes which feel rushed and contrived.

According to my German pal Lutz it is something of a rarity in German cinema as it's a genre film and not about WW2 or family life.

Worth a watch, though I'd look for an original copy. The dubbed English version I saw annoyed me as I speak German so got the intent of the original through some shonky translation.

5/10.

AndyRM

XOXO
Decay.

Created entirely by students with no budget but access to the large hadron collider at CERN where it was filmed, which is pretty cool. The camera work, story, effects and sound track are all superb given the circumstances; the acting is woeful, but then they are physics students.

An homage to the zombie flick created by people who love and understand the genre: there are nods to many of the classics and scenes which Romero himself would be proud of, the final scene is straight out of 28 Weeks Later.

A rating really isn't fair for this to be honest. Compared to a professional production, a 3 would be about right. Taken for what it is, it's an 8, and one of the best amateur efforts I've ever seen.

Available for free all over the Internet!

Top Bottom