What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Review and score a film that you watched last night. It can be old or new. On TV, DVD/Blu Ray or cinema. Popular or obscure. Any film you like! :smile:

Last night I watched "Drag Me to Hell". Been wanting to see this for a while and watched it on DVD. A very good and pretty funny in parts horror flick from Sam Raimi (Evil Dead, Spiderman), it tells the story of a loan officer who rejects the pleads of an old gypsy women whose home is going to be repossessed. The gypsy women puts a curse on the loan officer who then descends into a living nightmare as she is visited by evil spirits. Good fun! **** (out of 5)

martint235

Dog on a bike
I watched the first two of the Bourne films. Again. Still good to watch though. Will probably watch the third tonight.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Watched the end of Dead Calm that I recorded, when it was on last week. A bit cheesy and probably not as good as I remebered it being but I would score it 7/10 nonetheless. I particularly like the part where Billy Zane gets shot in the gob with a flare... lucky shot from Sam Neil.

Oh, and I started to watch another recorded effort 'The Final Destination', which was not the original but apparently the fourth in the series. Gave it all of the first 10 mins before turning it off!

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I watched Requiem For A Dream as I have just read the book. It was a brilliant film but a bit disturbing, one of those great films that I have watched only once that I am in no hurry to watch again, like Seven, Reservoir Dogs due to disturbing content.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Watched the end of Dead Calm that I recorded, when it was on last week. A bit cheesy and probably not as good as I remebered it being but I would score it 7/10 nonetheless. I particularly like the part where Billy Zane gets shot in the gob with a flare... lucky shot from Sam Neil.

Oh, and I started to watch another recorded effort 'The Final Destination', which was not the original but apparently the fourth in the series. Gave it all of the first 10 mins before turning it off!
Which one is the 4th one? I watched on which started with car racing. They are never going to win an Oscar but I found it amusing

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
being off from work this week i have watched a lot of movies.
Calibanzwei came round thurs and we watched The Divide and Cargo.
the divide was excellent, really well written with some serious post apoc humans trapped going round the bend issues and some strong performances all round esp from michael biehn and milo ventimiglia.
cargo was ok, sort of 3rd rate sci-fi, cgi was very reminiscent of programs like babylon 5 etc and the plot although it had potential was mired by a gods awful script (possibly a translation issue it was a swedish film dubbed into english)

friday i watched battle los angeles which once you turn your brain off is a brilliant film :biggrin: much like battleship
then i watched a film called Shark Night which is along the lines of Piranha 3D although they apparently cut the cgi budget.
as far as gory horror films go it was poor tbh, i like em with gallons of blood, but this just involved a load of rednecks and some sharks in a salt water lake eating the odd college co-ed and not one single boob. tsk.

pete

rvw

Guru
The Ladykillers (original version, of course!) Absolutely wonderful. SRW and I saw the stage version earlier this year (also brilliant, in a slightly different way) but Peter Capaldi couldn't quite match the sheer madness of Alec Guinness.

Top Bottom