What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Watched Revolutionary Road on TV last night.Great film in a depressing way ! Seen it before but was well worth a second viewing.

Drago

Legendary Member
Snowpiercer.

Ignore the reviews, it's drivel of the highest order.

0.000000000241563/10.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Another big thumbs up for 1917 - does for WW1 what Private Ryan and Dunkirk did for WW2 - puts you right in the middle...positively cheek-clenching in places. Bullets never sounded so real, or so terrifying. And the whole one take thing really works fantastically well. Makes you properly grateful that you dodged the bullet of a 'proper' war.

stephec

Legendary Member
A jolly little film called Midnight Express.

An American citizen commits a crime overseas then runs home where he won't be handed back to face justice, as if that would ever happen. 🤣

colly

Re member eR
Started to watch Uncut Gems on Netflix.

We persevered for maybe 15 minutes. I'm sure there is a good story in there somewhere but there was so much f***in, muthuhf***** ing and Ni**** ing going on l really couldn't stand it any more.

Watched Red Joan instead.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines. Terrific fun - far better than I was expecting. Terry Thomas and Eric Sykes make a terrific double act, among other treats. Full of great performances and terrific one-liners. The planes, I googled later, were apparently made as pretty much exact replicas of genuine pre-WW1 planes, but with slightly more powerful engines, for about £5,000 apiece by little companies around the country with names like the Hants and Sussex Aviation Company. Wonderful!

AndyRM

XOXO
Inception.

I didn't bother figuring out how the plots gel together and just enjoyed the movie for what it was, something to pass the time.

I was late to the Inception party and was kind of surprised that folk thought it was as complicated as they did, because it's a fairly simple set up IMO. Sure it's not as linear as Nolan's Batman films, but it's hardly tricky to work out what's going on. Which isn't to say it's a bad film, it's just not a mind bender.

gbb

Legendary Member
Bright.
Will Smith being, well, typical Will Smith, which if you like him, you shouldn't be disappointed.
Humans, Orcs, Elves, Brights and malevolent Fairies all live an edgy existence next to each other, a tale of evil against good, lots of funny moments, lots of violence, some good special effects, all round a good film, I enjoyed it (surprising because fantasy films aren't really my thing)

Adam4868

Guru
Loved Inception as a film.Watched the Lighthouse friday night which was good.Probally one of those films.your either going to love or hate !

Hidden Figures, the story of the NASA's black women mathematicians during the early 1960's Mercury project. I used to work in spacey things and knew several women who worked with NASA but this story never cropped up in conversation.
John Glenn seems line a really cool dude, requesting confirmation of his return trajectory specifically from one of these women.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Aladdin on dvd very good and enjoyed by all

Top Bottom