What for pudding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

The Noodley family (apart from me, obviously ;)) are not too fond of Christmas pud.

I favour something stodgy and full of fat to which custard, and/or cream and/or ice cream could be added....but we can't seem to agree on what to have.

...I have a cheeseboard and port to get through afterwards but could wait a while give it time to digest.

So, any suggestions? I am quite prepared to have more than one pudding if that helps you.

wafflycat

Have apple pie to which a small amount of sweet mincemeat has been added (to keep in the spirit of Christmas food).

Willow

suet pudding
apple pie
fruit crumble
trifle
spotty dick
jam roly poly
treacle sponge
bakewell tart
treacle tart

fatty enough why not have all of them?

Peter

Willow said:
suet pudding
apple pie
fruit crumble
trifle
spotty dick
jam roly poly
treacle sponge
bakewell tart
treacle tart

fatty enough why not have all of them?

Where do you live - exactly? ;)

Willow

Peter said:
Where do you live - exactly? ;)

sounds like you should try the Pudding Club do a google search I bought my parents Sunday lunch vouchers as a present a couple of years ago, my boys are dying for me to take them.

Peter

Sounds like a great place. If I cycled the 88 miles there I think it would warrant the ride.
But could I make it back after all those puddings?

Willow

Peter said:
Sounds like a great place. If I cycled the 88 miles there I think it would warrant the ride.
But could I make it back after all those puddings?

apparently Friday evening is the best time to go when you dispense with the main course and have pudding before pudding :blush:

longers

Legendary Member
I've got a good recipe for a sticky gooey chocolate and pear pudding.

Nice with cream and or ice cream.

Should I put the recipe up?

Top Bottom