What frame is this??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

broady

Veteran
Anyone know what frame this is?
It says Look and S RIGIDA on the stickers.
Thanks if anyone can help.
$_57.jpeg

Citius

It's a lugged steel frame - but you probably know that already. Looks 80s or early 90s. Stickers are probably not original. Impossible to ID without more info, tbh.

OP
OP
broady

broady

Veteran
What info is needed?
I've never had a bike where the rear derailleur hanger is part of the bike, and doesn't screw off

Citius

What info is needed?
I've never had a bike where the rear derailleur hanger is part of the bike, and doesn't screw off

That is how things used to be done. It might be unusual now, but it was commonplace back then. A lot of handmade steel and ti frames are still made like this.

OP
OP
broady

broady

Veteran
Here are the forks, although I can't be sure if they are the original forks or not. They have more markings than the bike! 20150215_205808.jpg 20150215_205822.jpg 20150215_205904.jpg

Citius

The '9E' reference on the forks may suggest 1979, but that doesn't necessarily suggest the frame is the same vintage. The frame dropouts look like pressed (as opposed to cast) steel, which tends not to mean a 'quality' frame - looks in very poor condition anyway. Depending what your plans are, I wouldn't be spending too much on it.

midlife

Guru
Frame and forks don't match. The frame looks pretty much trashed to me...... Are you thinking about doing anything with it?

Shaun

screenman

Legendary Member
Looks like scaffold poles stuck together, no quality in the lugs, along with pressed steel ends. Not worth investing in would be my opinion, of course we are only seeing pictures though.

OP
OP
broady

broady

Veteran
Hugh, do you mean the diameter of the post or the hight out of the frame?
The diameter is 27.2 mm I think.
If you mean the hight out of the frame, where would I measure to?

Top Bottom