What good is Alexa.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Don't have one in the bedroom, apparently it has been recording couples having sex then sent it to people (they know) in their contacts.
Wouldn't matter at our house!

Alexa seems to be for people who:

1. Can't be bothered to turn lights etc on & off by themselves. Instead, spend dosh on a box of tricks to do it for you.
2. Can't be bothered to decide on which music to listen to, let alone put a CD (sooo 20th century!!) on.
3. Can't be bothered to do very much, rather ask a box to do it.
4. Like the novelty of talking to a box.

While I can see the potential it has to assist the elderly, infirm or disabled, FFS people - do you really need this thing to write a shopping list?.
Or folk who maybe feel a bit weak/inneffectual and want the feeling of controlling something, even if it's only a box. I well remember reading some blurb or review in a gaming mag I scanned once - talking about, suppossedly, a joystick, it rattled on and on about it bending/responding to your every touch - not too hard to figure out what that meant to a readership of teenage boys.
Of course the thing with control games is that the supposedly controlled/dommed can end up controlling - see above - 1984.

Top Bottom