What good is Alexa.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Is Alexa just another gimmick, or is it a really useful thing to have. I know the basic model is cheap. but to get any reall use out of it, you have to spend a fortune on ways to connect it to other devices.
The sound from it is not to good if you really like your music. But if your happy to spend a lump on a sonus system. That ok. Who has one and what does it do for you? Does it just make you lazy.

Joffey

Big Dosser
You don't have to press a button to turn the wireless on. And you can ask it questions.

Gary E

Veteran
I have a lousy memory! I've been known to walk upstairs and by the time I get there I've forgotten what I went up for!!

"Alexa, remind me to........"

"Alexa, add beer to my shopping list"

"Alexa, set a timer for .... minutes"

All can be done wherever I am in the house and whatever I'm doing. I've been known to use it in the shower, on the toilet :blush:, in the kitchen with 'chicken hands' and on the turbo etc :smile:

Gary E

Veteran
"Alexa, turn on the Christmas lights" is all I need to say to turn on the outdoor lights and the lights in the kitchen, lounge, bedroom and on the tree :smile:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I use mine for - the radio, an intercom, Amazon Music, weather, calendar, controlling my heating, controlling my lights, turning on my heated blanket before I go to bed, dropping in on the family when travelling, but best of all I ask her to make fart noises.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I like the idea of operating the tv, as i can never get hold of the remote, But it looks like you need to buy a fire stick, Or am i missing something, Play lists i can play through a proper sound system,

Top Bottom