What happened next!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

magnatom said:
A freak accident I feel, and one I was lucky not to have been more seriously hurt from. I shudder to think what would have happened if I tumbled towards the metal barrier at the side.:smile:

I once slipped when stopping at lights; I was in a cycle lane, I lazily veered towards the kerb and put my foot on to it, it turned out to be greasy, I slipped over and landed ribs first on the edge of a metal railing. Apparently my ribs weren't broken, they were just bruised and dislocated. Very painful!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

domtyler said:
I did think that you were going pretty fast considering the conditions, I suspect that you were almost willing this crash so you had something entertaining to put on YouTube, am I right?

:blush: You can just see right through me Dom. Of course I thought, why not have a crash in the tunnel where there is very little room to fall safely and there is a risk of breaking a few bones as I collide with the barrier. Great idea! :smile:

I realise Dom that you are just practicing your Bonj impression!! :sad:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Cab said:
I once slipped when stopping at lights; I was in a cycle lane, I lazily veered towards the kerb and put my foot on to it, it turned out to be greasy, I slipped over and landed ribs first on the edge of a metal railing. Apparently my ribs weren't broken, they were just bruised and dislocated. Very painful!

Ouch!!:smile: Lucky it was a low speed!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

goo_mason said:
Is that a euphemism for a groinal injury ? :blush:

It would be impressive if that was true considering I landed on my back :smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

PrettyboyTim said:
Bonj is gay, you know.

There. Where's my prize?

Nah. Not good enough. You need to come up with a completely wacky, illogical explanation for why this is so. Oh and you need to do it in a way that despite its crazy conspiratorial content still endears you to everyone as that one and only lovable bonj! :smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Oh and you need plenty of facts that you can't back up, but that are written in such a way so that you can constantly deny having ever implied that the fact was a fact in the first place....... I think:wacko:

Tynan

Veteran
not wanting a row or anything but ...

so you WERE going too fast down an unsuitable tunnel thingy

it's the first thing I thought when the vid starts, it's too narrow, too twisty, the surface is awful, it screams the sort of place that'll have rubbish/glass/heaven knows what, and there's clear hazard should you lose it

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Tynan said:
not wanting a row or anything but ...

so you WERE going too fast down an unsuitable tunnel thingy

it's the first thing I thought when the vid starts, it's too narrow, too twisty, the surface is awful, it screams the sort of place that'll have rubbish/glass/heaven knows what, and there's clear hazard should you lose it

Oh no I wasn't! :smile: Seriously though I've been down that tunnel most days for 2.5 years now without and similar incidents and I was slower today than normal.

I think it is very unusual to slip on glass. If I have to avoid glass I wouldn't be able to commute!!

Top Bottom