What happened to global warming then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
The local weather station beat the record today I believe for April. Records go as far back as 1882. The previous record was April 2000 which was also insanely wet. So the total rain a fairly rare event (for here at least).

I grew up in N wales. it never really stops raining :smile:

I looked at London for the 20 yrs from 1980 to 2000 only 5 years had an average rainfall for april below the average rainfall for april( if that makes any sense).

I could go back earlier and waste a friday evening but I always remember heavy prolonged showers for April. I know my mum used to tell me about the wet Aprils they had when she was a kid.

YMMV

The human effect on our climate is insignificant, the Earth processes have a greater effect on our climate volcanoes etc, along with millions of ruminates farting.
Locally it might seem we are effecting the earths climate but overall we are but just causing a itch.

Wobblers

Euthermic
The human effect on our climate is insignificant, the Earth processes have a greater effect on our climate volcanoes etc, along with millions of ruminates farting.
Locally it might seem we are effecting the earths climate but overall we are but just causing a itch.

Volcanoes release 200 million tonnes of CO2 per year into the atmosphere.

Human CO2 emissions are 29,000 million tonnes per year.

Perhaps you might want to reconsider your post? It's a very convenient fiction to pretend that anthropogenic emissions are insignificant, but that's all it is: a fiction. As an aside, the amount of CO2 removed from the atmosphere by geological processes (marine sedimentation and subduction) is 200 million tonnes per year, balancing the volcanic inputs.

al78

Guru
Volcanoes release 200 million tonnes of CO2 per year into the atmosphere.

Human CO2 emissions are 29,000 million tonnes per year.

Perhaps you might want to reconsider your post? It's a very convenient fiction to pretend that anthropogenic emissions are insignificant, but that's all it is: a fiction. As an aside, the amount of CO2 removed from the atmosphere by geological processes (marine sedimentation and subduction) is 200 million tonnes per year, balancing the volcanic inputs.

I did read somewhere the drop in CO2 emissions due to grounded flights from the Icelandic volcano in 2010 was greater than the CO2 emissions from the volcano itself.

Top Bottom