What happened to global warming then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm too tired to read that properly just now but I seen one word, two actually which would make me take it with a pinch of salt 'Daily Mail'.

PK99

Legendary Member
Seems the "experts" have changed their minds again......

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2012/01/29/are-we-facing-a-mini-ice-age/?ncid=webmail10

Will HM Government now give us all a nice refund on the taxes they whacked on to fossil fuels in the name of preventing global warming, or admit that we have all been seriously conned? No I didn't think so......

CCNet-ESSAY: ON THE CAUSE OF ICE-AGES

By Fred Hoyle and Chandra Wickramasinghe

http://abob.libs.uga.edu/bobk/ccc/ce120799.html

Ajay

Veteran
We are fortunate to have some of the planet's leading experts on the subject right here on the forum. If you pop over to the Current Affairs section I'm sure they'll be happy to give you an update.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Yawn. If you were really interested you'd have taken the trouble to look up a more reliable source, but clearly you only want to read things that already confirm your predjudices on the subject...

For those who are genuinely interested in what the 'experts' think:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16439807

Summary: no change of mind, climate change hasn't gone away.

You are quite correct in that I am not interested enough in the subject to undertake major research into it. Mainly because it seems that even the so called experts cannot agree on the causes of global warming/cooling climate change. You are also correct that climate change hasn't gone away. What is debatable are the causes of climate change.
In the grand scheme of things, the human race are only short term visitors to this planet, and nature will see to it that we are wiped out at some point in the future. Whether or not our demise is caused by climate change or not will be decided by the big man, or mother nature. So no point in getting arsey about it, or getting ourselves over concerned about it. A major volcanic eruption tomorrow could change our climate for good!

:popcorn:

jonesy

Guru
You are quite correct in that I am not interested enough in the subject to undertake major research into it. Mainly because it seems that even the so called experts cannot agree on the causes of global warming/cooling climate change. You are also correct that climate change hasn't gone away. What is debatable are the causes of climate change.
In the grand scheme of things, the human race are only short term visitors to this planet, and nature will see to it that we are wiped out at some point in the future. Whether or not our demise is caused by climate change or not will be decided by the big man, or mother nature. So no point in getting arsey about it, or getting ourselves over concerned about it. A major volcanic eruption tomorrow could change our climate for good!

Looking up a more credible news source isn't exactly 'major research' is it...

And your assertion that the "so called experts cannot agree.. etc etc" is also untrue and again demonstrates you are asserting things without taking any trouble to get a more informed opinion. Or can you point to a specific example of disagreement amongst the experts? (hint: credible references will help).

The last paragraph is a load of empty rhetoric. I'm fairly sure that the knowledge that you are going to die one day doesn't prevent you from trying to put that day off as far as possible.

colly

Re member eR
A new ice age would come very nicely under he heading 'climate change'. :smile:

Unless I missed some glaciers while I was pootling through Wharfedale. :snowball:

Looking up a more credible news source isn't exactly 'major research' is it...

And your assertion that the "so called experts cannot agree.. etc etc" is also untrue and again demonstrates you are asserting things without taking any trouble to get a more informed opinion. Or can you point to a specific example of disagreement amongst the experts? (hint: credible references will help).

Science is not, as Einstein remarked, democratic. There have been many times in history where all the experts were wrong and one person was right. Not saying that is the case here but I am very concerned at the herd mindset of the climate change grouping which does not tolerate dissent. That is bad science which should be continually looking for the evidence that disproves the hypothesis, not seeking to ridicule it.

Top Bottom