what has Cyclechat done for you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Cyclechat has made me wan't more bikes.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I read through a load of my school reports last night as my Mum found them.
They all said i was a very poor speller and struggle with copying, but had very good oral skills..excelled in games ,drawing ,science and practical subjects

I'm still being told my spelling and grammar is crap 40 years later by people on CC.
So I'm thinking CC has lots of helpful people on the forum who offer their wisdom freely.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
CycleChat is the only forum I do regularly (one or two music ones I occasionally dip in and out of, plus I facebook a lot, and occasionally tweet or instagram).

Firstly, it's been an invaluable source of info and knowledge about all aspects of cycling, helping to better fettle my bikes, make good choices when getting new bikes, helped me find and consider rides I might not otherwise have been aware of.

Secondly, social rides: I've done 2 legs of the jersey relay, meeting some lovely CC members in the process. Also the night ride from Carlisle to Newcastle a few years ago was a fantastic experience (done also with peeps from YACF). Advice on rides and company in Yorkshire from @ColinJ Accompaniment from another esteemed CC member who rode with me for a day in Scotland, showing me things I'd have missed otherwise. Great company for a couple of Surrey rides (Leith Hill, White Downs, Box Hill etc).

Generosity: from a (then) complete stranger coming to my house to have a look at a DIY problem I couldn't figure out. Amazing hospitality from various folks (you know who you are) in York as I was cycling down to London a few years back.

Laughs a-plenty, and the odd tear (I'd always wanted to meet Vernon); plus the opportunity to offload my crappy smutty humour (it's not always welcome at work, especially in meetings)

And finally, the amazing and really quite humbling generosity from CC members who donated far more than I could ever have hoped for for my charity ride in July earlier this year.

Thank you @Shaun and thank you CC members.
:okay::okay::okay:

All sorts, I actually find it hard to unravel as, over the 10 years I've been on here, it's kind of become intertwined into my life and by extension, though not directly, my families lives. An example being a few weekends ago when I turned a forum ride into a family weekend away. It becomes more than just a forum once you meet people and do things together.

I guess ultimately, it keeps me cycling, even when my motivation drops, things posted on here serve to inspire me back on the bike and rides you sign up to do, chivvy me into putting in the miles when I perhaps might not. So many other things though that it's impossible to list them and amongst those things is wisdom and knowledge, not just about cycling.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And what would we do without our resident Smutmeister... :okay:
Fnaar would be missed, but we'd keep it up somehow without him! :whistle:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
mecc.jpg

...and I'm 37.

Top Bottom