what has Cyclechat done for you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
It's given me a place where I can ask or answer questions or voice an opinion, without getting beaten down with an 800 page dossier on the subject, followed by the thread descending into a willy waving competition of who has the biggest phd

I won't mention that place. I'm sure many of you know it

postman

Legendary Member
I flounced out once or twice or,anyway,good old Vernon stopped me in the street,and did his schoolmastery on me.I joined in another name,but soon went back to Postman.I sometimes laugh till i cry at some of the posts,there are some funny people on here,with quick one liners.I don't often venture into Politics but there are some knowledgeable people in there.All in all a well rounded community willing to help ,recent events show that.People care for each other.So long may it go on.

snorri

Legendary Member
If you'd asked me last year I'd have said the sedentary business of posting on the CC forum had added 10 kilos to my weight and put me in need of having to buy bigger trousers:sad:.
Not to worry, CC came up trumps with weight loss advice which enabled me to lose the 10kg effortlessly:smile:.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Through Cyclechat I found a local cycling club that suits me right down to the ground. After 3 1/2 years I've now ridden with them over 100 times, but I might never have heard of them otherwise.

The Metric Century-a-Month Challenge has kept me active for the last 3 years and done wonders for my fitness.

The "Your Ride Today" thread and the touring thread have inspired daytrips and holidays alike, and opened up a whole new world of cycling for me. And I've picked up loads of useful technical advice in the Bicycle Mechanics and repairs.

Some great characters in the Cyclechat Café forum. It's like I'm part of one big family. Thank you Shaun.

Milzy

Guru
Turned me into a cycle snob

Nothing,
but I have learned that even after all the years I've been here, I still have no interest in meeting anyone.
there is a hell of a lot of people who don't cycle,
and british peoples knowledge of its nearest neighbour is an absolute disgrace.
but
I still enjoy reading the threads but will admit that I am finding less enjoyment of late, as the threads all seem the same, even the politics threads seem condensed in a very narrow spectrum containing the same topic over and over again.
If I may paraphrase theclaud from somewhere else and something else, cycling is the thing that binds us, including politics. I've no wish to go and discuss politics on a politics forum for instance, I now know.

Top Bottom