what has Cyclechat done for you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As most will know, there has been a fundraiser thread for Cyclechat from the founder, Shaun. ive never met Shaun and not had much dealings with him aside the odd dm etc

a fair amount of money has been raised recently but the good members (not me as I don't have paypal or bank transfer - if anyone can accept cash and pass on let me know)

it got me thinking about what it actually means to me. to be a member of this website thingy.To me, its a fun, mundane, informative, time passing, font of knowledge of cycling title tattle

I visit a few times a day, looking to pass time with a subject that I love. I enjoy the interaction and likes/giving likes for things that amuse and make me smile

best of all, there seems to be a lot of other like minded souls on the other side of the keyboard.

so over to you.

all the best

nothing.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I've had some great rides :bicycle:, met some of my now-best-friends here :hugs:, saved a fortune on kit through the Bargains thread :okay:, bought other stuff through member recommendations, arranged Forum rides
t31130.gif
, had some good laughs :laugh:, despaired at some of the posting :wacko:, enjoyed reading about other members' lives, rides, families, work; shared some of their pains, sorrows and joys ... and spent far too long sitting reading CC ! :ohmy:

Which reminds me ... :tired:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
It's made me realise how fortunate I am!

On a serious note, it's a font of knowledge and info.

It's better than watching Eastenders.

I've met some really nice people, and a couple are friends for life where we share time together on none cycling interests.

I've also got to laugh at a small number of nobbers :okay:
That is a good point. How often do you see people on East Ender's or Coronation Street logging on to Cycle Chat and having a laugh?
I have found it helpful in answering various questions and had a laugh with the friendly banter that goes on.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
It's given me handy workshop advice when I needed it, but mostly it's allowed me to have a chat with "people" which I rarely get chance to do. I mean, I chat to my friends at work but the range and topic of conversation is nowhere near as wide as on here. So for me it's more of a social thing than anything else, but I also know that plenty of knowledge on bikes is available should I need it again.

Top Bottom