1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what has Cyclechat done for you?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by uphillstruggler, 12 Oct 2017.

1. uphillstruggler

uphillstruggler Veteran

As most will know, there has been a fundraiser thread for Cyclechat from the founder, Shaun. ive never met Shaun and not had much dealings with him aside the odd dm etc

a fair amount of money has been raised recently but the good members (not me as I don't have paypal or bank transfer - if anyone can accept cash and pass on let me know)

it got me thinking about what it actually means to me. to be a member of this website thingy.To me, its a fun, mundane, informative, time passing, font of knowledge of cycling title tattle

I visit a few times a day, looking to pass time with a subject that I love. I enjoy the interaction and likes/giving likes for things that amuse and make me smile

best of all, there seems to be a lot of other like minded souls on the other side of the keyboard.

so over to you.

all the best

summerdays, Bollo, Katherine and 6 others like this.
  2. Marmion

Marmion Guru

nothing.

3. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

I've had some work from Hilldodger a few years ago. I've bought and sold things, been on a few rides, and met lots of nice people. I've ridden recumbents, wobble bikes and penny farthings, and got utterly slaughtered with @theclaud and her friends, on a night when I really needed it.
    It's been good over the years!

4. Driven me to drink:cheers:

tyred, Milzy, postman and 6 others like this.
  5. Scoosh

Scoosh Velocouchiste Staff Member

I've had some great rides :bicycle:, met some of my now-best-friends here :hugs:, saved a fortune on kit through the Bargains thread :okay:, bought other stuff through member recommendations, arranged Forum rides t31130.gif , had some good laughs :laugh:, despaired at some of the posting :wacko:, enjoyed reading about other members' lives, rides, families, work; shared some of their pains, sorrows and joys ... and spent far too long sitting reading CC ! :ohmy:

Which reminds me ... :tired:

Bollo, Katherine, classic33 and 6 others like this.
  6. ColinJ

ColinJ Hillfinder General

I found a couple of people to cycle with ...

And then I found another couple of hundred! :laugh:

I remember Hilldodger on the C+ forum but did he ever actually make the transition to CC? :whistle:

Katherine, Donger, Scoosh and 4 others like this.
  7. Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs Down Under Member

8. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

@uphillstruggler you summed it up very well

i have met quite a few members from here mostly through buying and selling bikes etc etc , all have been nice and helpful people to meet all in all a nice crowd , only been on 1 ride with a n other member .

Thanks to @Shaun form making it possible and thanks to you all

9. Dave 123

Dave 123 Guru

It's made me realise how fortunate I am!

On a serious note, it's a font of knowledge and info.

10. Drago

Drago Guru

The aquaducts...

11. TVC

TVC Living La Mala Vida

It's better than watching Eastenders.

I've met some really nice people, and a couple are friends for life where we share time together on none cycling interests.

I've also got to laugh at a small number of nobbers :okay:

12. Regulator

Regulator Treachery is noble when aimed at tyranny.

I've had the opportunity to drink gin and beer with some mighty fine folks!

13. Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs Down Under Member

I've learned a fair bit about the UK, especially considering I've never been there.

14. Illaveago

Illaveago Veteran

That is a good point. How often do you see people on East Ender's or Coronation Street logging on to Cycle Chat and having a laugh?
    I have found it helpful in answering various questions and had a laugh with the friendly banter that goes on.

Katherine and uphillstruggler like this.
  15. Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels Lycra king

Plenty of advice on anything cycling-related. Plenty of laughs. Good way to pass the time. It's nice to interact with other people who are cyclists and know you aren't the only one who drivers hate.