What has priced itself out of YOUR budget?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
As the price of seemingly everything goes up and up on a daily basis, what items or services are you no longer prepared to pay the asking price for?

For me, the latest item is Lurpak spreadable butter. Now over £4.30 in my local Morrisons for the medium size tub. It's hard to beat Lurpak, but there is a limit. Going to try some alternatives and see how I get on, but I've said that before!

Another is hotels and b&b's. A few years ago I could get a comfortable room with breakfast included for around £50 per person. On booking dotcom, those same places are now approximately double the price. Surely there must come a point when people cannot afford to get away as often, and demand will drop. Will prices drop too?

Or am I just getting older and even more cynical?

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Nothing........yet.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
On the way home with SWMBO after our weekend away this topic came up as we called into a farm shop (posh supermarket in reality) and picked up some floral bits for a display she's doing. The farm shop might be OK despite being expensive due to wealthy customers. However, we thought the floral display cash-and-carry might struggle as it's an easy thing to cut back on.

Oh, and the hotel? No change out of £500 and it'll be a while before we do a similar trip away.

Having a 2-year fixed energy rate from last September has helped but it'll hit us when it ends.

We're not cutting back on anything yet, but may have to put off her new car a while.

Last edited:
I postponed travel to continue accommodating the current home expenses. Seems to work but for how long.

This inflation will last a while. Glad that I moved onto bikes for runs into town.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
So far, have not absolutely had to do without anything (still on Energy Fix, so, not feeling the pain yet), but, on the "I am not paying that price" basis, we are now buying alcohol from cheaper outlets, and, reducing car usage.

Top Bottom