What has priced itself out of YOUR budget?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Nothing particually but aside do the weekly shop,I've noticed I'm picking more budget brands to keep the overall spend sensible.
4 or 5 bags of shopping a year ago, £45 to £50.
Its now 3 bags for £50 to £55, I dont know where they get the inflation figures but supermarket prices are getting silly, personally ithink theres a strong element of profiteering.
The Lurpack spreadble one bugs me, its chuffing expensive, I buy proper butter for myself, its cheaper but my wife likes Lurpack
How much is a entry level mainstream roadside now ?, I dread to think.

Reactions: C R

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Having never used either I'm reliably informed the local price for the former has remained at £10-20 and the latter £5-10. Not that I wish or need to utilise such "services".

The offers at Leed’s chippies have changed over the years.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Apart from saving on electricity by getting a new more efficient freezer and stopping the tumble drying I have not really felt the pinch yet.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Nowt
MIni ck1 has a special diet for kidney disease along with ASD makes it easier to get what he will eat that he can eat , mrs ck is now type 2 diabetes too .Luckily as she works at a supermarket we get 15% off the bill.

We're getting a three month railcard for 9€ a month for all local trains in Germany, so I could technically travel to Berlin with it, if I had a day or two to try.

The goal is to soften the blow from fuel prices and get people onto public transport, on the basis that less cars = less oil use = less dependency on Russia.

Personally I think we could ask a few more questions as to who made us so dependent in the first place, but there we go...

Breakfast at the TGV station in Avignon. One coffee, one lime juice, one ham and cheese toastie and one pain au chocolat. Twenty quid.

Am I allowed to blame Brexit?

I didn't know the TGV Stations sold anything for as little as 20 pounds...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
As the price of seemingly everything goes up and up on a daily basis, what items or services are you no longer prepared to pay the asking price for?

For me, the latest item is Lurpak spreadable butter. Now over £4.30 in my local Morrisons for the medium size tub. It's hard to beat Lurpak, but there is a limit. Going to try some alternatives and see how I get on, but I've said that before!

I stopped buying Lurpak a few years ago when it cost the best part of £4. I'd buy it only if it was on offer but mainly make do with Aldi's Nordpak; half the price, half the taste but still better than many other alternatives.

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I stopped buying Lurpak a few years ago when it cost the best part of £4. I'd buy it only if it was on offer but mainly make do with Aldi's Nordpak; half the price, half the taste but still better than many other alternatives.

I once tried some Lurpak lookalike packaged stuff, I'm sure it was called Danepak and was sold by Aldidl's. Won't be buying that again! You can eat it, but it tastes like sh!t, to quote Mr Dundee.
I might go for the non spreadable Scottish Pride butter, like we used when I was a boy. Don't remember having much of a problem getting it to spread even though it didn't say spreadable on the packaging.

Top Bottom