What have been your cycling goals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I foresee a flaw in your plan. You will not lose weight if you plan on doing all your cycling on a turbo while you have a large plate of swiss roll on the table next to you.

But the table is behind me:tongue:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've thought about offering my services to a local cycling project involving learners/new to cycling types. I'm no expert but i've cycled for years and had some mishaps on the road and lived to tell the tale. The person who runs the course has hinted at me helping out,so it'd be nice to pass on my wisdom to them.:angel:

swansonj

Guru
I achieved my goals this year and wish I hadn’t.

15-20 years ago before I had family, I ticked off most of my goals. LeJog and side-to-side and Cape Wrath; 100 miles; 50 mph; highest roads in each of EW&S; three peaks linked by bike; and many of the UK’s iconic climbs (Wrynose and Hardknott, Rosedale, Bealach na Ba and Quirang, Great Dunn Fell). The acquisition of a family allowed the addition, and ticking off, of some additional goals – complete circuit of Snowdon with a child on a tandem, for instance, and the Fridays facilitated an all-night ride. But for the last ten years I’ve had a feeling that the one thing I’ve never done that I’d like to is some really big Alpine climbs. This year, arrangements for family holidays in France allowed me two days cycling, so in one I did Col du Grand Colombier twice, and in the other, Alpe d’Huez and Galibier.

Both count as easily the best days cycling of my life and lived up to every expectation And having achieved them, and having no more obvious outstanding goals in view, I’ve been feeling completely demotivated. Fitness has plummeted, I’ve put on weight, and I keep finding excuses (perfectly legitimate excuses, naturally) for not cycling to work or at weekends, such that today was the first time my bike’s been out of the garage for well over a week, normally unheard of.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
@swansonj I am sorry to hear that. I do hope you find your motivation again, and start to enjoy the ride.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Started out the year with an aim of 1000 miles for the year on my hybrid, managed 500 before illness saw a 7 week break. 200 miles on a new road bike after saw a recurrence of same so not a chance of achieving my goal. I have now revised, and my daily goal is to walk 0.5 miles. Goal for October is to try a swim, November possibly the bike on a turbo trainer. Goal for the year is now to return to work before New Year....

Top Bottom