What have been your cycling goals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After achieving a couple of metric half centuries, I am now thinking about 80km (50 miles), then 100km and then 100 miles. Obviously my main aim is just to enjoy my cycling, but I like to aim towards things. What do you look to achieve?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
mine has been to enjoy the riding for as long as i can and where poss to ride as often as i can

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A fairly constant aim of mine is to regularly ride from home to explore new areas. Over the years, I've gradually expanded the area of my little ''ride every road'' project to just over 120 square miles around my home. As I live in London, there are an awful lot of nearby roads. But I now can't cycle less than 7 or so miles before I reach a place I've never been to before. Mind, I don't do road tunnels, many dedicated cyclepaths, or the duel carriageway sections of the A2. It's a good way of making a big place and its geography feel linked to home, and know how the bits join up.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Century - Done
Join a club - Done
Average over 20mph on a ride of 25 miles - Done
Lose loads of weight - Errr....

I'm going to start trialling next year, and hopefully bring the weight down. Those are my goals.

vickster

Legendary Member
100 miles this year - rapidly running out of time given the shocking weather!

Stay free of injury is the other, not been too bad for a few months...but then I've not ridden as much :whistle:

Dibs

Veteran
My goals, when I restarted cycling 5 weeks ago,was to try to just get out there and lose weight/save bus fares.

Now I've got the bug (85 or so miles later), I'm looking to keep getting out as much as possible over winter, then starting afresh next year proper. I want to get a few longer rides in (20miles+) and maybe do the Glasgow to Edinburgh (if it's still on...).

Would love to try to get serious enough to try LEJoG, but no targets set for that (yet)!

:bicycle:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
My goals, when I restarted cycling 5 weeks ago,was to try to just get out there and lose weight/save bus fares.

Now I've got the bug (85 or so miles later), I'm looking to keep getting out as much as possible over winter, then starting afresh next year proper. I want to get a few longer rides in (20miles+) and maybe do the Glasgow to Edinburgh (if it's still on...).

Would love to try to get serious enough to try LEJoG, but no targets set for that (yet)!

:bicycle:
You need to speak to @Pat "5mph" she will get sort you out.

Top Bottom