What have I eaten?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Gastroenteritis is nasty but usually short lived.
I hope you feel better soon - it'll take you several days to feel back to normal and you should stay clear of others for 48 hours after your last symptoms. :hugs:

MarkF

Guru
I've only had 2 similar experiences.

1. Came in late and drunk and ate a way out of date prawn cocktail, it was fizzy, nice at the time.
2. Magic mushrooms that had gone off, didn't want to throw them away, so made soup. (Long time ago)

Go to hospital and gastro will shove a tube up yer bum, deal with the issue and hydrate you too. ^_^

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Get yourself out and do a hilly 50

Not even on this, which is parked in my garden!

th

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Cheese shouldn't do that, should it?
Lots of water will help but it sounds more like a tummy bug than food poisoning.

I have had cheese poisoning. The morning after a cheese and wine party, it struck.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3544232, member: 9609"]After reading all that I'm going to disinfect the keyboard and mouse, scrub my hands and keep out of this thread - can't be too careful with hygiene and viruses on the interweb[/QUOTE]
You will appreciate how lucky I was with the timing of this! I was out doing a shift for Burns Express, round the doors in Glasgow. Finished unusually early at 4pm, feeling fine. 45 minute drive home, by which time knew something amiss, an hour later all hell broke loose! Had it been the previous day at that time, I would have been in Dundee. No way would I have been able to get back to base!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Once in France I accepted a challenge to eat an ageing Reblochon that had gone very runny and was dribbling off the plate. I managed half of it. The next morning was interesting, to say the least!

Reblochon_AOC.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
You will appreciate how lucky I was with the timing of this! I was out doing a shift for Burns Express, round the doors in Glasgow. Finished unusually early at 4pm, feeling fine. 45 minute drive home, by which time knew something amiss, an hour later all hell broke loose! Had it been the previous day at that time, I would have been in Dundee. No way would I have been able to get back to base!
Rapid onset denotes gastroenteritis. It is in no way caused by cheese.
(This message brought to you by the Cheese Board)

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Stilton does it to my wife, in fact any blue cheese. But that's an allergy that's come on later in life. We have to be careful when a cheese board is out, just sharing the knife is enough. Although I don't think that's both ends... Does sound much more like a virus.

Top Bottom