What have I eaten?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Aww @Brandane sorry to read you're poorly!
Hard cheese is unlikely to have been the cause, maybe start taking some antibacterial wipes for the steering wheels, who knows who touched them last.
:hugs:
On the other hand, an ideal time to get cracking with the biannual Bowel Cancer test for the over 50's :whistle:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Stick to black tea, then get down to the chemist for some sachets of Dioralyte. Eat some dry biscuits. It doesn't sound much fun but it usually works.
BTW, at the end of our honeymoon, we went to a seafood restaurant in Bonifaccio, Corsica....a bit of a mistake. It came out black, and I had to stagger onto a cheap flight home early the next morning. The gaseous consequences were quite appalling.

DWiggy

Über Member
Me and a friend went on a bike ride last year, the roads were quite muddy in places splashing all manor of much and crap at the bike and more importantly our drinking bottles, the next day both of us had a sever sickness and squirty bums for the next 12-24hrs, it was really unpleasant.....fell for ya, it really knocks you for six.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Good point, especially on shared use pathways, or places where sheep cross the road. Which, according to images we get here in the States, comprises about everywhere in Great Britain and Ireland. Beautiful scenery, just waiting for a flock of sheep to pass through. I would think one would almost need some sort of cover for a water bottle, as precaution.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Hmm, 7/8ths of the way through my apricot flapjack, not the best time to spot a small shred of blue plastic in it. Maybe it wasn't a catering plaster. Anyway, eaten it now.

Good point, especially on shared use pathways, or places where sheep cross the road. Which, according to images we get here in the States, comprises about everywhere in Great Britain and Ireland. Beautiful scenery, just waiting for a flock of sheep to pass through. I would think one would almost need some sort of cover for a water bottle, as precaution.
some people do, some don't. I've lived on a private untreated water supply all my life and never had any issues with needing to cover my water bottles up! My husband used to get ill at first when he went out mountaineering with me, so treated his water until he got bored with it. Now, he doesn't have any issues with untreated water or what gets on to his water bottle. On our aborted world tour, we didn't treat any of our water until we reached Macedonia and it was their tap water that was the problem there - we both got very windy from it, but nothing worse. I guess it is just what you are used to....

Lullabelle

Banana
Are you feeling any better? Mins started on Thursday morning and I still dreadful now, better but cannot keep anything in. Tea and digestive biscuits are all I can face but my body soon rejects them. Stewed eating apples are supposed to be good but don't think I could face it, the look and smell of most foods make me feel queasy.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Are you feeling any better? Mins started on Thursday morning and I still dreadful now, better but cannot keep anything in. Tea and digestive biscuits are all I can face but my body soon rejects them. Stewed eating apples are supposed to be good but don't think I could face it, the look and smell of most foods make me feel queasy.
You have my sympathy; it's not pleasant! I am pretty much back to normal now, although lacking energy. You'll be fine in a day or two if it's the same bug. As a bonus, I am half a stone lighter than this time last week, but it's probably dehydration - a few glasses of water will probably have me back to FB status.

Top Bottom