What have you got that will 'see you out'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
The wife. Ultra healthy.
me. Drink whisky and smoke cigars.

Sharky

Guru
Probably the next car we buy.
Bought my company car in 1990 when I was layed off. Kept it for 12 years. Next was my zafira, bought in 2002 and still got it. So the next one will probably last until I'm 90.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Hopefully my Croix de Fer (well, the frame at least), I also have a 22yr-old Spyderco lock knife that's showing no signs of giving up.

I've got lots of other long-lived quality gear (Technics stereo is probably 25yrs old, Dell PC at 11yrs, Dell monitor at 14yrs, Nokia mobile and Canon DSLR at 13yrs each) but it's all electronic so with the exception of the PC if anything fails it'll most likely be game over.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Like most of us I have a load of junk type stuff that will be left behind when I pop my clogs but in keeping with the intention behind the op's question I have a couple of decent things that I use that will hopefully see me out.
My watch
A few decent fountain pens
A half decent hi-fi system (unless upgrade-itis gets me, then hopefully any replacements will see me out)
I also have a couple of cool scientific instruments: a vintage analytical balance, which I dont use, and a nice kew pattern barometer which I do often use to see what the pressure is.

Drago

Legendary Member
My car, my guns, that giant catering tin of baked beans I bought at the cash and carry.

Top Bottom