What have you learnt today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

That the AOL marketing department are stumped when they cold call you then demand that you tell them your address to confirm they are talking to the right person, and you refuse.

"I'm not going to tell you my address, you called me and I don't know if you are who you say you are"
"er.....er......er.......we just called to tell you about our new packages"
"OK tell me about them then"
"er.....er......"

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
How to ask to speak to someone on the phone, in Swedish.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
That my seatpost or saddle still creaks after I'd taken it all apart, cleaned and greased everything and stuck it all back together again.

That Koolstop brake pads are the greatest upgrade a bike can ever have. Actually I learnt that already, only I forgot.

That the Guardian now costs £1

That at Specsavers they've got this device that measures the distance between your pupils.

And where Specsavers in Hemel Hempstead is.

And where the nearest sheffield stands are to Specsavers in Hemel Hempstead.

It's been a right learnathon.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I learnt that i havent got a shift tomorrow, and they dont have me down for any more, they will call me when they need me, making cut backs.

BRILLIANT:sad:

Called the manager up when i got home, told that over the phone by the assistant manager. But apparently they have just been moaned at for payrole, so have to put everyone on their contracted hours. Halfway through the month:wacko: Where's all the time gone?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
dan_bo said:
That's a bummer joe. Keep at it.

It is pretty annoying.
Wheres the time gone? Have they given out a shed load of over time? If so, why do i have to lose my hours, and money, because of it?:smile:
Its sort of ok tomorrow, i can catch up on a few jobs i havent got around to, because of training/6th form, but still annoying about pay.
Looking around for a new job, failing that, im off to Mc D's. The true food for an athlete and serious cyclist, such as myself;)

Landslide

Rare Migrant
That I don't need a Building Survey, and that a Homebuyer's Survey will do the job.

I also learned that the difference in price will most likely be swallowed up by sparkies, plumbers and builders...

Ho-hum.

gbb

Legendary Member
I learn something new nearly every day...usually to do with electrics or electronics.
No qualifications, just a helpful and instructive colleague who's left now, so i'm responsible for the lot. 3 phase faultfinding or tracking down with circuit diagrams which relay is doing what on a circuit board, then relacing it.
I do things, and learn things i never thought possible a few years ago.

I also learned my OH has been made permanent as a Behavioural Support assistant at the special needs school she works at...i'm really happy for her :smile:.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Joe24 said:
It is pretty annoying.:smile:

Joe24 - it's cash flow or lack of - they will drop off all casual staff to contracted hours and kill the what-sit's out of permanent staff.......

Happening everywhere....honest...........

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Landslide said:
That I don't need a Building Survey, and that a Homebuyer's Survey will do the job.

I also learned that the difference in price will most likely be swallowed up by sparkies, plumbers and builders...

Ho-hum.

Robbin lot..... really.... got a new house when we got married, 14 years ago..guess what...nothing in it...you don't realise...... :smile: same with surveys...not worth the £500 you pay...robbin git's like solicitors......

PS I'm an accountant..at least I'll tell you how I'm robbin you..... :biggrin: (but fortunately I don't do that work...too much trouble......)..........:thumbsup::biggrin:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
peanut said:
my Epsom DX4400 3in1 printer takes nearly a minute to print a text page ?:smile::biggrin:

I have a 48 page doc to print :biggrin:
You could probably drive to pick this up, and back, and install it, and still save time on that doc.

Top Bottom