What house chores do you like / dislike doing ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Mods, can you change my title and correct my spelling mistake to " Chores" please as it is annoying me. Many thanks.
You can do it yourself

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Not a fan of housework, but I would rather do that than chop wood, cut 2 or 3 acres of grass and fix stuff, so I leave that to Mr WD.

I do detest ironing, so I don't :laugh:

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Mowing the lawn as I always felt I deserved a beer afterwards.

Then came 'no mow May' to encourage pollinators so no excuse for a beer.

But now the advice is to just cut around the edges so you can get to the borders and leave the middle to go wild, which we have done. So now the mowing only takes 5 minutes and I still get to have a beer afterwards.:cheers:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
All housework, diy and gardening - especially gardening. How anyone can enjoy gardening is beyond me.

Quite like cooking, can't stand shopping.

Wife is exactly the same - she is a self confessed "lazy cow" around the house and I'm only marginally better.

Saying that we do grudgingly keep on top of it all.

Ripple

Veteran
She has to hide under the duvet on the rare occasion I bother. :laugh:

We had a cat who used to wrestle with hover. :wacko:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
You can do it yourself. ...
You can do it yourself
It's one of those chores he doesn't like doing ^_^

I'm annoyingly tidy but only have myself to please.
I wish i was! My own mess doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I have spent this afternoon tackling a huge pile of washing up, and actually sorting and putting those neat piles of laundry that sit on top of several empty chests of drawers, into the drawers*. :wahhey:

*actually, I haven't... I'm having a coffee and looking at cyclechat :whistle:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Detest all housework especially the vacuuming, but I will tolerate the ironing if I can find something good to listen to on the radio or have some new music to listen to.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Given it’s been a pandemic work from home year. The chore of meetings via video conference apps or software. Didn’t like video conferencing in 90s in the office. Don’t like it in the 20s at home.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I am quite a tidy person and like my home clean and tidy.
I don’t like cleaning the blinds. I do half a dozen slates now and again, thus keeping them clean. Not a big fan of cleaning the windows.
I don’t mind decorating but rubbish at cutting in and just don’t like doing it. Loathe glossing too.

Top Bottom