What house chores do you like / dislike doing ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Come on lads and lassies, own up , it is time to tell the truth, however painful it may be.
I will start.
I quite enjoy washing dishes and much prefer washing than drying. We have a dishwasher but resent using it just for the two of us. Dusting and vacuuming don't bother me either but, according to Mrs G, I don't do the corners when she ask me to do it. :sad: Not keen on changing the duvet cover either as I find it fiddly.
I dread when my wife mentions " decorating" as I really don't like wallpapering or painting. She used to do it but advancing age is making it more difficult for her.
Over to you now and I think I already know what @Mo1959 is going to say although she might surprise us. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Detest ALL house chores! Including repairs and/or decorating, maintenance etc..
Which is kinda inconvenient, given that I live alone - so no-one else is going to do them for me. Fortunately I detest living in messy surroundings even more than I detest housework, so I just set time aside and get it done.
Strangely though, give me something with wheels on it, be it a bicycle, motorbike or car, and I will happily clean and fettle it for endless hours!

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
emptying the portaloo i set up in the shed till i can afford to get an extra toilet in , not ideal but mrs ck cant make it upstairs sometimes, i never use it but im the one emptying it

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

If it needs ironing I don't buy it!
When I was teaching, I used to iron my own shirts but now that I am retired, I very rarely wear a shirt so problem solved. Mrs G hates ironing too.

Love doing the lawn - mowing, aerating, edging, spreading the nutrients etc. But hopeless at gardening - plants, flowers, bushes etc. Love home repairs but dread vacuuming or cleaning. Like doing the laundry but dread ironing. Can spend days on the bikes - lubing, servicing parts, etc. Happy to do the dishes but hate cleaning pots and pans.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Mods, can you change my title and correct my spelling mistake to " Chores" please as it is annoying me. Many thanks.

Top Bottom