What house chores do you like / dislike doing ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I am lucky where I have never had to wear a shirt for a job or any other reason.
for me it's weddings and funerals (I've got 2 ties as well) although there are some big wedding anniverseries coming up over the next couple of years (at least the moaning about my long hair has reduced, mainly cos most of the blokes in the family are going bald now :laugh:)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't mind ironing as i find it quite relaxing. That said,i only iron shirts,pants,summer shorts and the odd washable tie. I definitely do not iron underwear,tea towels and bed sheets.:stop:

My flat is fairly untidy,though not dirty. One thing guaranteed is that if i spend hours vacuuming and dusting,only i will see the end results,whereas if i haven't cleaned up for weeks someone will visit and then i have to explain that i haven't dusted etc due to (makes up an excuse). They always say stuff like "Oh don't worry,i'm not here to check up on how clean your flat is", but i always catch them giving it the once over and probably thinking "what a scruffy fecker he is"!:unsure:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I am a tidy person. Usually very tidy. And my house is nice and clean. The ex-Mrs Fnaar was a very untidy person. I prefer it my way :okay:
But I hate hoovering. I do it, but I hate it. I usually end up fighting with the furniture :smile: I'm not good at DIY (except painting I can do that fine) so I tend to avoid it wherever possible :smile:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I don't mind the washing up, or any general kitchen cleaning duties. Hoovering is okay, as is dusting, although I find that a pretty thankless task as a perfectly dusted surface is showing dust again withing hours. I don't mind ironing, but my wife does the laundry which I'm glad of.

I dislike cleaning out the pets, I still do it but it's probably my least liked chore. I also dislike doing the garden, but nobody else want to do it so that's a job I'm stuck with.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes. whatever type they are,chinos,tweed,denim,they all crease in the wash. Some types of tweed can be washed,but only on a cool cycle and using a wool washing liquid,not biological powder!
You have tweed pants...are you a septic? I imagine tweed underpants to be scratchy

tyred

Legendary Member
I don't really like any household tasks. It wastes good bike time!

I do keep my flat clean but it's usually untidy as I leave books and magazines and anything that I happen to have working on lying around everywhere.

I have a friend who even goes so far as to starch and iron the tea towels. Being in her house has always made me nervous as I am paranoid about dirtying something.

colly

Re member eR
The only job l dislike with a vengence is cutting the hedge.
So much so l pay someone to do it for me.
Cooking l like.

rikki

Legendary Member
... if i haven't cleaned up for weeks someone will visit and then i have to explain that i haven't dusted etc due to (makes up an excuse). They always say stuff like "Oh don't worry,i'm not here to check up on how clean your flat is", but i always catch them giving it the once over and probably thinking "what a scruffy fecker he is"!:unsure:
The trick is to leave the vacuum cleaner in the hallway, so that the unexpected visitor thinks they have interrupted you just as you were about to start the housework.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The trick is to leave the vacuum cleaner in the hallway, so that the unexpected visitor thinks they have interrupted you just as you were about to start the housework.
I did that for a while. Not just to give the 'sorry i didn't hear you knocking over my vacuum cleaner noise':whistle:,but also to encourage me to clean up,as getting the machine out of the cupboard i keep it in is as tedious ans the cleaning itself!:tired:

Top Bottom