what i leaned from todays ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't leave home without all the correct Allen keys...
My seatpost clamp has been working itself loose over the last few weeks and today it finally gave up and is free to jiggle around in the lowest possible position. Not looking forward to the hills on my "BMX" hyrbid. I have every size key but the one for my seatpost clamp... :sad:

KneesUp

Guru
Don't leave home without all the correct Allen keys...
My seatpost clamp has been working itself loose over the last few weeks and today it finally gave up and is free to jiggle around in the lowest possible position. Not looking forward to the hills on my "BMX" hyrbid. I have every size key but the one for my seatpost clamp... :sad:
That's grim. There must be a hardware shop or a Poundland in Leeds though!

I work in Bradford so there's a fair few... but probably not in the size I need. 40 minutes on the pedals should be ok, right? RIGHT??!

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
1. immobilized people likes to jump out of nowhere, best if from behind a tree.
2. do not turn on messy road (like small stones and bits of sand) you can crash.
3. got used to those shifters
4. even if seat feels comfortable ur bum will still hurt.

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
Cycling in a nutshell

TT1Q6yk.jpg

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
i do find myself pretty much hating on flats too, i always tought that uphills are worst but after todays ride i start to appreciate them somehow :P

i do find myself pretty much hating on flats too, i always tought that uphills are worst but after todays ride i start to appreciate them somehow :P
Nothing worse than open field and wind on the flat, at least on hills the wind effects you less as you are generally slower anyway.

OP
OP
beardy01

beardy01

Well set off early this morning as had to take my daughter to gymnastics and the missus shopping so wanted to get some enjoyment from my day out on my bike before spending a fortune!!!! So off i set on a new route of 41 miles , some testing climbs and a big descent of titsey hill where last time i hit 55.6 mph and was hoping to go a bit faster. Had a great ride only one idiot driving his white van encountered. Pulled up outside the front of my house and stopped my cycling app the moment of truth how far, how fast, average speed, calories burned ,app began syncing .........11.5 miles that cant be right and the map showed i came across fields????? What i learned today when you stop to take off your rain jacket dont forget to un pause your cycling app !!!!!!!! Gutted , wont make that mistake again.......

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Ive done it. All the time. I stop to take photos and forget. No wonder it looks so cr@p....... lol

Top Bottom