what is a cyclist and................Are you a cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
16 out of 24 hours would get you into the desired category if all you were doing is cycling, but a quick look at your post count makes it clear you must be posting on here whilst cycling and although not illegal it is sufficiently naughty to disqualify you from using the noble title of Cyclist.
You fancy a go,? Minimum of 16 of the 24 hours in day, cycling. Wind, rain or even sun. Volunteer required

RedRider

Pulling through
Would spending 16 out of 24 hours cycling, get me classed as a cyclist?
It depends what's going on the other eight. If for example it's a bit of murdering then you'd more likely be classed a serial killer.
They'd definitely mention the cycling just to make you seem worse but in general it'd be about the cold-blooded dismembering.

Would you be making a joke of it if it was a term of denigration against women ?
A movie with an all male cast is a movie. A movie with a predominantly female cast is a "chic flick". When a Mad Max film has a dominant female protagonist, it enrages men's rights activists. Women who campaigned for a woman on currency (US and UK) were threatened with rape and murder. As a school girl, my friends and I routinely called each other "moll, tart, whore, bitch, scrubber" in a playful way, but I realised years later we were trying to rob those words of their power, the same as US gay rights did with faggot, and US blacks did with - that other word. When I was the victim of an attempted violent rape, I found myself apologising the the police for being there, and I ended up be interviewed by a detective who had a nude calendar on the wall (this was a long time ago, but it's not political correctness but common humanity that should have prevented). Then there is the soft but constant drubbing of sexist humour on cycle chat (usually "playfully" anti-wife), and the fact that a lovely germanic word for vagina is the worst thing you can call someone.

etc etc etc

Tell me again how bad "mamil" is

winjim

Smash the cistern
I find it interesting that over on the Easter egg thread there's been talk of Christians getting offended over a bit of very mild ribbing, and here it's middle aged men.

Two of the most privileged groups on the planet...

It's difficult to feel sorry for a middle aged white man on a three grand bike.
I've yet to see anyone checking the value of the bike before calling anyone a MAMIL. And are you telling me there's also a rule that the victim must be white ? Don't you think we should be encouraging everyone to enjoy cycling regardless of age and gender ? Or for that matter disposable income and ethnicity ?

Top Bottom