what is a cyclist and................Are you a cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mamil: male over 40, drop bar shiny road bike, skinny tyres, replica club kit, clippess pedals, aero helmet, expensive shades, weekend rider, lot's of LYCRA.
Find him on a sportive, on a weekend club run, commuting to work if it's a nice day. Never on a Monday, but, 'cause he needs to drive in with a change of clothes first.
Non mamil: male over 40, sensible tourer style bike, at least 35c tyres, nondescript outdoor gear, flat or caged pedals, rides in any weather, will have at least a pannier, probably a Brooks saddle.
Find him leading a CTC or Sky ride, on tour, or getting up that hill faster than riders half his age. :bicycle:
You really are clueless aren't you ? Clueless and prejudiced, a winning combination - well done !

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Non mamil: male over 40, sensible tourer style bike, at least 35c tyres, nondescript outdoor gear, flat or caged pedals, rides in any weather, will have at least a pannier, probably a Brooks saddle.
Find him leading a CTC or Sky ride, on tour, or getting up that hill faster than riders half his age. :bicycle:

Great stuff Pat, that's the closest category to me that I recognise. I find speed highly over rated, though as a miserable, solitary git the thought of riding in a group fills me with horror and dread, but apart from that, spot on! :okay:

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
You really are clueless aren't you ? Clueless and prejudiced, a winning combination - well done !

Jeeeeeeze, chill out fella, it's just a bit of lighthearted fun, no need to get snotty about it.

I've got to say: if being called "mamil" is the worse name you've ever been called, then you are very lucky. If it's not, why all the angst?

(Personal to @Flick of the Elbow, I've been the victim of all sorts of abuse, I also know I am very privileged. I'd be very interested to hear your experience - or the experience of others you have heard - of being called a mamil. I am totally prepared to back down and apologise. I've found it a useful word, if you can show me why it's a problem I'd be grateful)

classic33

Leg End Member
Cyclist or Pianist?
Piano Trike.jpg

Top Bottom