What is a 'SPORTIVE'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

corshamjim

An important tactic in beating the broom wagon is to arrive at the start early. :thumbsup:

On the Severn Bridge Sportive last year, the chap driving the broom wagon did actually catch me up though, but he kindly kept behind me to the finish. On that one I was doing the shorter route so I arrived back around the same time as some of the people who had done the long route.

that sounds a much more realistic pace - especially for my first one. I may just give it a go and take my chances with the broom wagon if it comes by.
/quote]

I did my first sportive last sunday - 100k. Fastest time was 3.12, slowest 6.37. So i think you'll not have a problem. I felt mine was respectable at 3.54. Altho' if I'd taken as long on 2nd stop as I did on 1st stop, i would have been over 4hrs - so very glad I missed it, doh!!

My main criticism, which presumably would not occur on an audax, is finding someone to go at the same pace. I spent almost the whole time on my own, so very little camaraderie, until stops or the finish. This would not stop me doing another tho'. All depends what you want to get from it.

Top Bottom