What is everyone doing for New Year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Anyone gone away to somewhere nice for, or got any big exciting parties planned?

I'll be spending it alone. Not an unusual event for me really and I must admit to feeling a bit down earlier at work listening to everyone else planning things but I have books, I have radio, a comfortable sofa, two bottles of nice beer and some crisps. I'm not sure I could be bothered going out to a crowded nightclub or anything. I will more than likely go to bed before midnight.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not much different to what I'll be doing @tyred. Aside from the "go to bed before midnight", the fireworks will make that pointless.

lane

Veteran
At home with the family same as past 16 years or more. Before we had kids used to rent a cottage with some friends for a few days which had its pluses and minuses. Wouldn't want to go out now though happy at home see in new year quietly at home. Anyway have a good one you are probably enjoying it just as much as anyone else and it's costing you a lot less than some. Nothing special really is it?

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I am spending it alone too, also have crisps to hand but have a cheap but perfectly palatable bottle of Pinot Noir from Aldi on the go rather than beer, whilst listening to some of my records on the gramophone. (Whilst I'm on about music I have just bought tickets for a Föllakzoid concert next year.)
Don't know yet whether I'll be in bed before midnight.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
After finishing catching up here on CC, I will get back to working on my puzzle game and will be doing that until about 01:00. After that, it will be 'guilty pleasure' time - 2 or 3 episodes of 'Designated Survivor' on Netflix , while supping a large glass of... chilled OJ/water!

OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
I had pondered the possibility of a midnight bike ride but it's frosty here with a risk of ice so not worth it.

I don't have a TV and rarely listen to the radio as I usually listen to my own choices of music but decidex to take pot luck with what the radio stations want me to hear tonight. Unusually for me I am listening to classical music which is relaxing and suiting my mood.

johnnyb47

Guru
I seem to be watching less TV nowadays in favour for the radio or YouTube. I don't know whether it's an"age thing" but i find the telly absolutely rubbish at the moment

Top Bottom