What is it if not a Rotrax ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

southcoast

Über Member
That is good to know ! I have been looking at loads of pictures studying frames checking to see which bikes don't have those indentations .
I've mentioned above that I have spotted a picture of an 83/83 Team Professional bike in a colour which looks similar .
What is the gap between the dropouts on your front forks ?

My forks are about 100mm. Perhaps your forks have been sent in the post without a fork brace and squashed?

Last edited:

southcoast

Über Member

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I wonder why the panels were sprayed pink ?
I had a look at a previous post of my Falcon Club Special and it hasn't got the indentations on the chain stays. The old frame also has all of the braze ons . They must have forgotten how to do them .

southcoast

Über Member
Given Falcon vague brochure description of accessories of the finest quality it gives you a bit of artistic licence. However, I would normally expect shimano crane or suntour gear mechs. SR bar (engraved and drilled), stem and seatpost. WeInmann 500 brakes. Apex crank often of the drilled variety. Large flange hubs with either high pressure rims or sprints and tubs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
Given Falcon vague brochure description of accessories of the finest quality it gives you a bit of artistic licence. However, I would normally expect shimano crane or suntour gear mechs. SR bar (engraved and drilled), stem and seatpost. WeInmann 500 brakes. Apex crank often of the drilled variety. Large flange hubs with either high pressure rims or sprints and tubs.
I was thinking of using Campag and what I can borrow from another bike . I have some Campag brakes that I'm cleaning up for it at the moment . Other parts will be sourced later . I'm still washing off the paint at the moment . I haven't discovered why they went for a complete respray yet . The only area that I have found so far is where the front changer was mounted . I'm still trying to figure out if the pink panels were on there from the beginning . What I am finding is that the top layers are washing off leaving the metallic blue and pink relatively unscathed . It is a shame that they were a bit over enthusiastic with their rubbing down .

southcoast

Über Member
I was thinking of using Campag and what I can borrow from another bike . I have some Campag brakes that I'm cleaning up for it at the moment . Other parts will be sourced later . I'm still washing off the paint at the moment . I haven't discovered why they went for a complete respray yet . The only area that I have found so far is where the front changer was mounted . I'm still trying to figure out if the pink panels were on there from the beginning . What I am finding is that the top layers are washing off leaving the metallic blue and pink relatively unscathed . It is a shame that they were a bit over enthusiastic with their rubbing down .

Campag brakes would look good. I Don’t think many parts on my bike are original. The seatpost, bottle cage and cable stop for the rear mech would be my guess and possibly the gears.
The bikes were introduced in 78 and would think yours was from 79 or 80.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I have discovered the reason for the pink panels . I have been doing some more washing off the paint with thinners. The metallic black must contain a lot of red as it turns mauve when dissolved. I also uncovered part of a vinyl sticker which was placed on the demarcation line between the blue and the white which has preserved the colours .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
Campag brakes would look good. I Don’t think many parts on my bike are original. The seatpost, bottle cage and cable stop for the rear mech would be my guess and possibly the gears.
The bikes were introduced in 78 and would think yours was from 79 or 80.
Trying to find info ! Today I discovered a 77 date stamp on the back of one of the brake calipers , gold anodised Weinmann 500. It would fit with the 78 date .

Top Bottom