What is the best Cycling Documentary?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
One I'd temporarily forgotten - 23 Days in July. Now what could that be about?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93Cb5tfD_PY

It's fascinating to watch now, but at the time the 1983 Tour must have been several times more frustrating than the one just gone. Sean Kelly looks good in yellow.

There's another version out there with a lengthy Anderson interview added at the start, but it's been uploaded with the wrong aspect ratio.

I quite liked 'My Italian Secret ', it's not 100% a cycling documentary but one of the main characters is a very famous cyclist, Gino Bartalli

DRM

Guru
I quite liked 'My Italian Secret ', it's not 100% a cycling documentary but one of the main characters is a very famous cyclist, Gino Bartalli
I think that Gino Bartalli’s story is one that should be remade, trouble is Hollywood would make him an all conquering American, probably call him Lance Bartalli taking on the fascists single handed.

I can't recall seeing many cycling documentaries, but I watched Inspired to Ride on a plane and I enjoyed it so much that I watched it again on the return journey. I thought it was wonderful.

The cinematography is great, there's some good music in there and Mike Hall comes across as real gent. Such a sad loss.

Ha, that`s exactly what I did - watched it there and back on a plane! Superb stuff indeed

grellboy

Über Member
Not a documentary at all, but as American Flyers got a mention, thought it only fair to suggest Breaking Away with Dennis Quaid. Good film, plot revolves around some kids, one of whom is obsessed with Italian cycling. Worth a look.

Top Bottom