What is the best Cycling Documentary?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I was a fan of "High Life" in my teens.

It's maybe not a popular film (going by a discussion on here when it first came out) but I loved the reasonably recent British film "Bicycle", it was a bit lost in terms of direction and message but it looked and felt beautiful, and it had Mike Burrows in it which was worth the price alone. I appreciated that it wasn't all about racing. It really was about the bike.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

faster

Über Member
Inspired to Ride - follows a handful of cyclists as they race unsupported in the inaugural year of The Trans Am Bike Race. Features Mike Hall who sadly killed a few years later when cycling in Australia :sad:

I can't recall seeing many cycling documentaries, but I watched Inspired to Ride on a plane and I enjoyed it so much that I watched it again on the return journey. I thought it was wonderful.

The cinematography is great, there's some good music in there and Mike Hall comes across as real gent. Such a sad loss.

Slick

Guru
I can't recall seeing many cycling documentaries, but I watched Inspired to Ride on a plane and I enjoyed it so much that I watched it again on the return journey. I thought it was wonderful.

The cinematography is great, there's some good music in there and Mike Hall comes across as real gent. Such a sad loss.
I watched it on a plane as well and thoroughly enjoyed it. What happened to him and what I know about the subsequent trial was disgusting and still comes to my mind from time to time.

Top Bottom