What is the best piece of cycle clothing you have owned ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,
I'm from a start-up developing textiles for performance wear.

I'm doing some background research into cycle clothing and was hoping to get the community's opinion on:

- What are the most important factors you are looking for in cycling clothing?
- What is the best piece of cycle clothing you have owned ?

If there are any industry experts or enthusiastic cyclist willing to have a quick chat about their cycling please also leave a comment or fill out our online survey https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...teC7_fYMY4IZat9feJWvoxmg/viewform?usp=sf_link

We really appreciate your help!
- Nadia & Amphibio Team

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Hi Nadia,
Thanks for reaching out to the community to seek opinion. You'll doubtless have looked through this section and spotted that we're often surveyed. Whilst unable to speak for everyone, one of my concerns is that those seeking information rarely (never?) come back and share their findings. Extending that simple courtesy, or in the case of a commercial enterprise such as yours, offering even a token reward would go a long way towards generating goodwill.

Having had a quick look at your survey form, I'll offer the following:
Page 1 - not everyone would say that road and touring cycling constitute the same activity. Perhaps they should be separated?
Page 2 - 'What would you normally wear while cycling? ( shorts, gilet...etc)' This very much depends on circumstances - I would 'normally' wear different gear in different conditions (warm, cold, freezing, wet, dry, windy, where I'm going etc)
'Tight fitting' and 'comfort' aren't necessarily exclusive, are they?

And finally, if you'll agree to come back and share your findings, I'll happily complete the survey. Deal?

OP
OP
A
Hi Nadia,
Thanks for reaching out to the community to seek opinion. You'll doubtless have looked through this section and spotted that we're often surveyed. Whilst unable to speak for everyone, one of my concerns is that those seeking information rarely (never?) come back and share their findings. Extending that simple courtesy, or in the case of a commercial enterprise such as yours, offering even a token reward would go a long way towards generating goodwill.

Having had a quick look at your survey form, I'll offer the following:
Page 1 - not everyone would say that road and touring cycling constitute the same activity. Perhaps they should be separated?
Page 2 - 'What would you normally wear while cycling? ( shorts, gilet...etc)' This very much depends on circumstances - I would 'normally' wear different gear in different conditions (warm, cold, freezing, wet, dry, windy, where I'm going etc)
'Tight fitting' and 'comfort' aren't necessarily exclusive, are they?

And finally, if you'll agree to come back and share your findings, I'll happily complete the survey. Deal?

Hi Ian,
Thanks for taking the time to have a look at the survey and give feedback, I’ll definitely update the questions you mentioned.

Yes, fair point re never seeing the results of such surveys, we would be happy to share our findings at the end if you would be interested. The last page of the survey asks for an optional email address, I’ll make sure to email the results to all thoughts that wish to have them.

Thanks again !

Norwegian army wool socks are the best cycling gear I have. They saved my feet on a cold, very wet end to the North Sea cycle route. Found in a bin at Bergen Salvation Army store.
The NZ 100% merino t shirts were really good for extended touring. Can you even get these now ?
Army style Headover is my winter essential. If I wear nothing else, I always use a headover.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I filled in the questionnaire. Good luck with the venture, but please come up with something truly revolutionary rather than just some good marketing wrapped around an overpriced mediocre product.

pawl

Legendary Member
My green spot Nomad jacket
Don’t know if they are still available.

Dan77

- What are the most important factors you are looking for in cycling clothing?
Comfort and sweat wicking. I try to avoid the wet as much as possible but weather and temperature are a big factor for many.
- What is the best piece of cycle clothing you have owned ?
Early days yet but it's between my Endura shorts and various merino base layers which all do the intended job.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
None :laugh:

Attachments

• naked butt.jpg
    naked butt.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom