Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Specialized

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Giant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canyon

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
image.jpeg
Any thing from Italy

outlash

also available in orange
Totally the wrong shade. They try, but . . .

To be fair, I don't think they're trying. That's a Trek Boone crosser. Not something Bianchi exels in...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yes, I did, which is what I posted slightly later on to clarify things, when I said perhaps be retitled "coolest common brand". Keep up.
Yeah but even among common brands, you've missed obviously cooler ones like Bianchi and listed some of the most awfully dull ones like Specialized. Were you very, very drunk?

OP
OP
grellboy

grellboy

Über Member
Yeah but even among common brands, you've missed obviously cooler ones like Bianchi and listed some of the most awfully dull ones like Specialized. Were you very, very drunk?
ha! Not drunk, just lazy. Remembered an old thread entitled "What big bike brands do you own?" and simply swiped that. Badly though, hence the duplication of Giant. Tbh though, it is a fair representation of the bikes I see most often, but then again I do live in Norfolk![/QUOTE]

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Unconventional engineering perhaps but I'm interested to know what makes you believe that it is bad engineering

Try holding a wheel by the spindle, one hand on each end, and get someone to spin it. Now 'steer' it; due to gyroscopic precession the reaction is felt at 90deg to the input force.

Now try the same holding just one end of the spindle; the forces are immense trying to twist (and succeeding) the thing out of your hand.

The good news is you don't have to clamp the spindle at just one end, unless your business plan dictates that marketing gimmickry is the most important aspect of your design. Cannondale, I'm talking to you.

Top Bottom