What is the coolest bike colour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

Red, because it is the primeval colour of hunger

Abitrary

British racing green, because it is the colour of british drivers beating devious continental ex-ferrari drivers

Abitrary said:
British racing green, because it is the colour of british drivers beating devious continental ex-ferrari drivers

the MG factory, that also prepared the big Healeys, worked out that the best way to win in races in Italy was to paint the cars red - thus fooling the locals into believing it was a 'local' car coming from a distance, ensuring that the railway crossing would be clear, there were no sheep in the way and that no villager had accidentally overturned their cart in the middle of the road - fates that had plagued the non-red cars in the past. lo and behold, they beat the Italians. and thus began the trend for sports cars to be red.

L

Membrane

For me: blue, white and black:

ridley_damocles.jpg

There's something about the combination of blue and white that does it for me, plus it matches the colours of my apparel (can't bare the thought of not being colour coordinated :blush: )

Abitrary

laurence said:
the MG factory, that also prepared the big Healeys, worked out that the best way to win in races in Italy was to paint the cars red - thus fooling the locals into believing it was a 'local' car coming from a distance, ensuring that the railway crossing would be clear, there were no sheep in the way and that no villager had accidentally overturned their cart in the middle of the road - fates that had plagued the non-red cars in the past. lo and behold, they beat the Italians. and thus began the trend for sports cars to be red.

L

sounds like something you'd say

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Aqua marine blue with a "flip flop of Aqua marine green" on top then clear lacquer.

Depending on the angle of the sun / the way you look at it, it changes from metallic blue to metallic green.

Choose your own combination of favourite colours

Abitrary

Membrane said:
For me: blue, white and black:

ridley_damocles.jpg

There's something about the combination of blue and white that does it for me, plus it matches the colours of my apparel (can't bare the thought of not being colour coordinated :blush: )

That bike could only ever be ridden by victorian urchins who'd been bent out of shape by their workmasters

rustychisel

Molteni orange, because, you know.

Red, goes faster, and just is...

Yellow, bright, bold and garish. My yellow peril (now onsold) was just a lovely chunky functional looking bike.

[caveat]... & I currently own 2 blue bikes, one purple fleck and a Giant in red which is not the right colour red at all].

Top Bottom