What is the funniest comment you have had

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barq

There are lots of funny ones here. :smile:

skinny man0903 said:
I didn't see that 1 was that on here or C+

Certainly on C+ but may have posted it here as well (I can't remember). However I'm very grateful to her for shouting it because she gave me the best laugh I've had for years.

mcd

OldCobblers said:
Not unexpectedly, the tandem attracts its fair share of comments . . .

Likewise for a recumbent - from the "woaaaaaa" from kids who haven't got the hang of saying WTF when something indescribable happens, through the complementary / unsettling "I want that bike" (depends on the type area you are going through) to the bizarre "that MUST be uncomfortable" (like they're an expert on the subject).

But probably the best one I've heard was while I was on my mountain bike going through Reading in the dark with a nightsun head torch (what ever happened to them?):

Wag1: Look - its a miner
Wag2: Na, looks older than 16

:smile:

TVC

Whilst riding past a pub on a warm saturday lunchtime, a rotund gentleman, sans shirt and with pint in hand shouted "Wwhhuuunrrrwffft" at me. How do you compete with wit like that.:smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Out with a mate, climbing a big hill, and as we passed a couple of fellas on foot, one shouts to me 'Oi, your mate doesn't look very well'....I nearly fell off laughing - said mate wasn't too happy......

yenrod

Ive nearly totally lost it, lost them and lost contact on a chainy once due to finding something critically funny - but cant recal what it was...

Last year (now :smile:) one of the rides I do goes into and out of wigan and its quite hilly in that area. One of long drags that exist - I was riding up only to be stopped by a red light, next to a trafffic light.

It was HOT and I was hammered so I looked to my left and seen to drinkers on a raised patio watching me - I said 'god I'd luv some of that' it seemed to do the trick as they offered to get me one in jest...a good funny moment !!!

gbb

Legendary Member
Once riding to work on me Bianchi, just wearing Bikesters and a T shirt i think ...
Two young guys on MTBs came the other way, and i'm sure as i passed, one said to the other...
'Who the fcuks he think he is !!!'

Huh...
Not a funny one, but gawld only knows whats going on in some peoples minds.

as I overtake some whippersnapper one of his friends calls out 'come on, you can beat that old man!'

that was in 1987...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
barq said:
I posted this one a while back... It was about two summers ago and the TdeF had just finished. As I rode past a rather overweight young woman she called after me "Who d'you think you are? Facking Louis Armstrong?"

Bliss. :smile:

were you blowing your own trumpet by any chance? :smile:

Mortiroloboy

On Sunday's club run two brain donor's in a red fiesta slowed down, wound down the windows and, shouted "f*ck off" at the top of their voices.

simonali

Guru
I got called a "silly nit" by an Eton College student who stepped into the road in front of me and very nearly got a crotchful of handlebar.

Abitrary

Smoking a plastic nicotine cigarette whilst cycling, and a couple of teen girls shouted 'give us a toke on your spliff mate!!!'

I just nodded and pretended to look stoned, but they looked positively gleeful, and we all went home in a better mood for it

Top Bottom