What is the funniest comment you have had

What is the funniest comment you have had about when you've been out on the bike.

The one I heard was whilst out cycling a teenager thought he would be rather funny and as I cycled past he said "eh m8 your back wheel is spinning" I suppose that's the new version of your back wheel is following the front one, when I was a kid ;)

skinny man0903 said:
a teenager thought he would be rather funny and as I cycled past he said eh m8 your back wheel is spinning.
All I said "yeah I know" and carried on ;)

barq

I posted this one a while back... It was about two summers ago and the TdeF had just finished. As I rode past a rather overweight young woman she called after me "Who d'you think you are? Facking Louis Armstrong?"

Bliss. ;)

barq said:
I posted this one a while back... It was about two summers ago and the TdeF had just finished. As I rode past a rather overweight young woman she called after me "Who d'you think you are? Facking Louis Armstrong?"

Bliss. :biggrin:
I didn't see that 1 was that on here or C+

Jaded

Someone threw money at me and shouted "Kant!"

He must have thought I was a poor philosophy student.

spesh

I was out on a ride one spring day, resplendent in black and yellow cycling kit, when some moppet in a pushchair pointed and said, "Look mummy, it's Bananaman!"

I didn't have the heart to tell him Bananaman's suit is blue and yellow... :biggrin:

Cycling on the Brompton, and past a young kiddy on his bike. Turned, looked at Mum and said............

"Look his wheels are even smaller than mine!"

ColinJ

Puzzle game developer
I was riding up a long local hill in August 2005, just after Lance Armstrong had won his last Tour de France, with Ivan Basso coming second. A crowd of drinkers were sitting outside a pub on my left supping their pints and I was half expecting somebody to say something as I grovelled past them. So one guys leaned over, and after reading the name on my bike...

bodged_basso_001.jpg

... called out:

"Oi Ivan, watch it - Armstrong is right behind you!"

I was quite impressed :biggrin:!

OldCobblers

Not unexpectedly, the tandem attracts its fair share of comments from the Great Braindead:

"Ooh look! A Two-ee".
"Oh my God! A tandem!"

and, of course, the old chestnut:

"She's not Pedalling"... to which the stock reply is ..."She must be, 'cos I'm not"...

yenrod

Out riding one night and someone leant out of a car after they;d gone past me and shouted 'eh mate, your a flashing cone'...

I didnt feel it was funny.

Top Bottom