What is the longer time/distance you done on a turbo trainer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
With this Zwift stuff, Bkool, sufferfest and whatever else is out there seems to be easier to spend lots of time on it...

So my question is...

What is the longest time or distance you've done?

What app or program did you use to keep you going by the way..?

(lets see who is the craziest one around here)

I did 3 minutes on one once but then the phone rang and I got distracted and ended up starting at the contents of my fridge instead.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
3 1/2 hrs ish. The goal at the time was 50miles on my cheapy computer*

*I of course understand the relative insignificance of distance on a turbo

Dan B

Disengaged member
I've done up to an hour but when I got off I was still in the place I started from, so I guess no distance at all

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I use fast/loud music rather than videos to motivate me.

I have done long, hard sessions in the past (2+ hours) and they did actually improve my fitness over the winter, rather than just maintaining it, but I prefer to go out on my bike as long as the weather isn't too depressing, messy or dangerous!

These days, I would probably spend 10-15 minutes gradually warming up, then about 10-15 minutes of hard efforts alternating with recovery, and then 10-15 minutes easing off, so a session would be 30-45 minutes.

OP
OP
The_Weekend_Report_Guy

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
I once did 90 minutes, but most of the time just 60
90 is a respectable time..

So how often you do this 60 minutes? Is it like training over the Winter or just for "fun" ?

OP
OP
The_Weekend_Report_Guy

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
3 1/2 hrs ish. The goal at the time was 50miles on my cheapy computer*

*I of course understand the relative insignificance of distance on a turbo

I know I am going to get crucify by this.... To me the distance counts.. I ride on it with a power meter so I use the effort.. And believe me I can go much faster on the route that on that damn thing..!

Really well done on that 50 miles indoor ride.. By the way did you make it?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I know I am going to get crucify by this.... To me the distance counts.. I ride on it with a power meter so I use the effort.. And believe me I can go much faster on the route that on that damn thing..!

Really well done on that 50 miles indoor ride.. By the way did you make it?
Yes but I'd rather go out and get soaked these days. I stick to shorter harder sessions when I do use the turbo

OP
OP
The_Weekend_Report_Guy

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
I use fast/loud music rather than videos to motivate me.

I have done long, hard sessions in the past (2+ hours) and they did actually improve my fitness over the winter, rather than just maintaining it, but I prefer to go out on my bike as long as the weather isn't too depressing, messy or dangerous!

These days, I would probably spend 10-15 minutes gradually warming up, then about 10-15 minutes of hard efforts alternating with recovery, and then 10-15 minutes easing off, so a session would be 30-45 minutes.

Yes it happens to me as well.. I start the season in top form because of the trainer and then I get bad or lazy during the good months... I don't get it.. (my self that is) Main reason to use it is to stay dry and healthy, can get ugly out there... (cars + weather)

Top Bottom