What is the longer time/distance you done on a turbo trainer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
My normal sessions are structured 45 mins. I will often jump on and watch some sport or a TV program, these are more like mindless miles though. If my weekend ride is ruined by rain then I will use a real life video and climb a mountain. I have a 'smart' trainer so it controls the resistance for me automatically to reflect a pseudo reality. Software wise I use Tacx and Veloreality and very occasionally Zwift, or I just manually control via my Garmin.

OP
OP
The_Weekend_Report_Guy

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
My normal sessions are structured 45 mins. I will often jump on and watch some sport or a TV program, these are more like mindless miles though. If my weekend ride is ruined by rain then I will use a real life video and climb a mountain. I have a 'smart' trainer so it controls the resistance for me automatically to reflect a pseudo reality. Software wise I use Tacx and Veloreality and very occasionally Zwift, or I just manually control via my Garmin.

Nice..! I wish I could get me a smart one... (trainer) on that way one of us will be smart on the bike... Never heard of Veloreality.. Will have to look it up.. 45 minutes seems like the right time... Or all the time my brain can cope with... Even when I did some very stupid things on a trainer..

OP
OP
The_Weekend_Report_Guy

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
It's all in the head! I'm not getting off until I do what I planned to do.

True..! I might want to do too much at times..

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I have been doing about 5-7 hours a week over 5 days. My longest individual session was about 1hr 50m.

I use the bkool system and vary the sessions I choose to do. Shortish hills/mountain sims to longer flatter sessions, some velodrome work/intervals. Videos and 3D.

It can be :banghead: but I have found a system that works for me most of the time. :whistle::surrender:

Drago

Legendary Member
0 miles, 0 minutes. I'm not afraid of the weather, and even if I were they do zero to maintain my control skills or road craft. Were I a cycling fitness geek i might then use one in addition to my riding, but I ain't.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The_Weekend_Report_Guy

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
0 miles, 0 minutes. I'm not afraid of the weather, and even if I were they do zero to maintain my control skills or road craft. Were I a cycling fitness geek i might then use one in addition to my riding, but I ain't.
Lucky you buddy..!

I am terrified of the weather and idiots driving during bad weather conditions..

OP
OP
The_Weekend_Report_Guy

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Another 3 hours today.. I am having lots of fun..!
12096237_10154266159379616_885849355006494588_n.jpg

Top Bottom