What is the shortest distance one would need to travel on mainland Europe...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
For an 'expenditure' of 2,500km you could start in Germany, into Holland, onto Belgium (That is the first 5 km), then Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Austria, Italy, San Mario, Monaco, Andorra and Spain, so 13 countries you could reduce the trip by several hundred miles if you missed of San Marino

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Great input - I'll be going for the 3 countries record then :blush:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I can do Belgium, Holland and Germany in 100m but after that I am struggling.

You start at the border just south of Vaals.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I can do Belgium, Holland and Germany in 100m but after that I am struggling.

You start at the border just south of Vaals.
I can do Belgium, Netherlands and Germany in less than 100 metres - because the three borders meet at a single point.

For an 'expenditure' of 2,500km you could start in Germany, into Holland, onto Belgium (That is the first 5 km), then Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Austria, Italy, San Mario, Monaco, Andorra and Spain, so 13 countries you could reduce the trip by several hundred miles if you missed of San Marino
couldn't you do that by just cycling into the Vatican? Isn't St Peter's Square the Vatican?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
At the right-hand end of the Bodensee aka Lake Constance, Germany - Austria - Switzerland is not far at all - about 22k if my google-fu is strong today. Lichtenstein is quite nearby too - Haag (CH) to Oberhochsteg (D) via Lichtenstein and Austria is 51 km.
Might have to do that someday!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
At the right-hand end of the Bodensee aka Lake Constance, Germany - Austria - Switzerland is not far at all - about 22k if my google-fu is strong today. Lichtenstein is quite nearby too - Haag (CH) to Oberhochsteg (D) via Lichtenstein and Austria is 51 km.
Might have to do that someday!
I have a friend who did that, taking a train from I'm Munich. There's a recognised vierländer (four country) route, apparently.

Brains

Legendary Member

I've decided to add the country of Seborga to the list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Seborga,
It's next to Monaco, so that make 14 nations in 2,500km

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Seborga

Reactions: srw
Top Bottom