What is the significance of...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

The Nike 10//2 shirt? with 10//2 emblazoned across the chest, what does the 10//2 mean? Have I missed something obvious? Have I embarrassed myself by asking a really stupid question?

the date Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with cancer (i think - might have been given the all clear)

L

Mr Phoebus

Lance Armstrong You may have heard of 10/2. What is 10/2? "October 2, 1996. The day it all changed. the day I started never to take anything for granted. The day I learned to take charge of my life. It was the day I was diagnosed with cancer."

or 2nd of october...you know how those crazy yanks to their dates!

longers

Legendary Member
I'm sat eating muesli wearing the green shirt after a good ride. I love it. Only a very small percentage of the price went to his foundation but I bought it for the shirt not the reasons behind it (which I do support).

And I reckon dangerous jules is right and it's 2nd of Oct.

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Keith Oates said:
Well Mortiroloboy, that's at least two of us that have learned something today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Keith, you do learn something different every day. I do feel slightly silly now, because I read the book,( I suggest most of us have?!) obviously that bit of knowledge failed to stay in my head!

Thanks for all the replies.;)

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Wolvesandy said:
Sorry to hijack your thread, someone got me a tdf t-shirt with 55x11 on it, anyone know what this mean?

Sounds like an impossibly high gear ratio! Biggest chain ring smallest rear cog, some serious power down if you have the legs and lungs!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
User259iroloboy;38060][quote name= said:
Sorry to hijack your thread, someone got me a tdf t-shirt with 55x11 on it, anyone know what this mean?

Sounds like an impossibly high gear ratio! Biggest chain ring smallest rear cog, some serious power down if you have the legs and lungs![/QUOTE]

I reckon it's a very low Chinese granny gear...

(they read right to left).

Top Bottom