What is you empathy level?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun

"parents should teach manners to their children" I couldn't find the strongly agree ++20 button.

No .. you see I find the way they worded the questions made some of them difficult to answer ... I only slightly agreed with that one because the actual statement was:
" I think that good manners are the most important thing a parent can teach their child."

So whilst I think good manners are important, they are not necessaries the MOST important thing - caring, loving, various other things are also important to teach your children. Who would want their child to be impeccably polite and yet to be as cold as ice and not care about another human?

I had the same problem with a several of the statements.

I got 47! but I'm sure I didn't feel I answered the statements correctly for a number of them.

So whilst I think good manners are important, they are not necessaries the MOST important thing - caring, loving, various other things are also important to teach your children. Who would want their child to be impeccably polite and yet to be as cold as ice and not care about another human?
Let us not speak ill of the Germans old chap.

yoyo

18 -I am female, being treated for severe depression and trauma and Asperger's is rife in the family

Doseone

Guru
55, but did anyone else find it hard to complete the test while torturing your pets?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
18 -I am female, being treated for severe depression and trauma and Asperger's is rife in the family

I just had a quick look-see on the thread to see whether anybody had beaten my score but I really don't care about the score, nor do I take it without a generous pinch of salt. But depression can hit hard, no matter what your score, and I hope you're getting proper support for it. The best support I've managed to get so far is what most people recognise as a saddle - riding's my therapy. I don't know whether it's a cure, but it helps.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
56 - having read a couple of Emotional Intelligence books I'm not surprised though!

Hope everyone's feeling OK tonight ... except those I can tell aren't. If my answers are to be believed.

I just had a quick look-see on the thread to see whether anybody had beaten my score but I really don't care about the score, nor do I take it without a generous pinch of salt. But depression can hit hard, no matter what your score, and I hope you're getting proper support for it. The best support I've managed to get so far is what most people recognise as a saddle - riding's my therapy. I don't know whether it's a cure, but it helps.

Believe me, cycling helps a hell of a lot. It's the foundation I started from.

Top Bottom