What is your biggest regret in life?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Seems a lot of us had problems with their parents.
Mine split up when I was eight or so, my Dad gradually lost contact with us, as my mother made it difficult for him to see us. This got worse after she remarried.
At seventeen, I left home. not exactly by choice.
My regret isn't anything to do with that - I suddenly had to make my own way in life, find somewhere to live, get work and generally get on with it. And I managed it. I had a lot of help from very good friends - we're now as close as family.
As part of this, I tracked my Dad down and got back in touch. Had a great relationship with him till he died in January 2016.
And that's my regret. I didn't have long enough with my Dad.

Totally opposite from a lot of previous posters, but mine is not being given a chance to get to know my dad. Sadly he passed away when I was five so no real memories.

These turned up yesterday - so pleased to have finally tracked copies of these photos down. :wub:

IMG_0055_small.jpg

They're destined for a very special scrapbook. :blush: I can't change what dad put me through, but I will treat myself to those little things that bring a smile to my face - even if they can't really erase the pain.

I also recently acquired an autographed programme - signed by Paul *and* Derek. The first time I held it... Damn... :blush:

Top Bottom