What is your most expensive purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
lukesdad said:
extra land and a menage for the wife dont ask the PRICE !

Still, it's nice for her to get the exercise, is she out there now, running round? Take her a cup of tea, man.

potsy

Rambler
Not got much in the way of expensive items,so will say my yearly golf membership is my biggest outlay.
Not that it will be this year as I have suspended my membership due to lack of finance/interest.:sad:

darkstar

Greedo said:
What did you buy???

This was my first one and one I wanted for years. Will last me all my life if serviced every 5 years.

Rolex-Submariner.jpg
Very nice. I went for a Breitling Navitimer Heritage. Got a heavy discount on it, bought it new from a family friend who happens to run a jewlers :sad:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Wigsie said:
mmmmmmm. B):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Lucky Lucky Cubist! I am happy with my Beretta 686 silver pigeon at over half the price!

Likewise the most expensive watch I have bought was a £200 fashion accessory, My dad gave me his Tag Heuer for my 21st. I get it services every 5 years and it never misses a beat or drops a second, have not got a clue what its worth or how much he paid.
Wigsie, before I had kids my disposable income used to be diverted towards competition shooting. As well as the MX8 which is a semi-step rib trap version, I have a 682 Gold sporter and a 687 Silverpig 20g for game:blush:

Thse were the days! Trouble is, I keep looking at the Perazzi and seeing a carbon frame......

I was going to get a 686, as there was one in the shop with timber to absolutely die for, but by the time I went back in for it it was sold. I had to settle for the 687, which cost a couple of hundred more (but don't tell the missus!)

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Cubist said:
Wigsie, before I had kids my disposable income used to be diverted towards competition shooting. As well as the MX8 which is a semi-step rib trap version, I have a 682 Gold sporter and a 687 Silverpig 20g for game:blush:

Thse were the days! Trouble is, I keep looking at the Perazzi and seeing a carbon frame......

I was going to get a 686, as there was one in the shop with timber to absolutely die for, but by the time I went back in for it it was sold. I had to settle for the 687, which cost a couple of hundred more (but don't tell the missus!)

I have never done it competitively but always had a bit of a gift for shooting. As a lad it was more rifles and air rifles, my grandfather tought me from about 8. I started game and clay shoots at about 15/16 have had the 686 for 8 years or so and if it was not against the law I would sleep with it. B);)

A 687 and 682 are still a fine range so I would be tempted to down grade the Perazzi and get some carbon in your life! :thumbsup:;)

I've just remembered our Tempur mattresses and the Hulsta bed.

When we moved here, the bedroom is so small you can only fit a small chest of drawers in & just about move around the bed. So I bought a Hulsta bed as you can lift up the bed and shove stuff underneath. (the bed is now 4' high, joking).

The mattresses lasted quite a long while but I couldn't afford to buy the replacement ones so bought a succession of cheapo ones, like Ikea, even futons etc. In the end I decided to take the bull by the horn and buy Tempur, owing to Mr C's bad back. I bought them in the sale at Selfridges, 25% off, then when you got a store card you got another 20% off! Still not cheap but - wow, am I glad I went for them. We have two small singles put together on a 160 bed.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
1. Divorce
2. Camera
3. Trike

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cubist said:

ANORAK ALERT - RUN FOR COVER.......................:biggrin:

Well, as a true nutcase cyclist, it was my Frank Herety....at the time.... all in bits... cost way more than my car .........:ohmy:..... (a long time ago......)

Then got some HED Jets in about 1996..£700 then...that's expensive....still got them...........:wacko:

Recently..............Garmin Edge 705...40th B'd pressie from my family.... although that's not till Sunday...doh....have played with it.....ONCE.... ;)

Top Bottom