What is your most expensive purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
A Perazzi MX8 shotgun and a custom-built Remington rifle. Both cost about the same.

To the watch lovers among you, esp Hacienda, I proudly wear my Dad's Omega Constellation which he bought in 1972.

jimheaney57

Bayerd said:
I think our next main purchase will probably be a decent bed. Had one with the first mrs, definately makes for a better night's sleep.

Could I request a bit of clarification? Was it the bed or the first mrs that made for a better night's sleep? :biggrin: ;)

My hardtail mtb - bought with some of the damages I won from suing the driver that hit me and broke my back in 2001. I made sure I got absolutely what I wanted and ended up spending £2,500. I've never bought a bike from new apart from this one.

wafflycat

Toss-up between the occasional holiday (taking all associated costs into account), my recumbent trike, or the set of Zipp 404s with Zipp disk wheel for WCMnr's time trialling.

MichaelM

Guru
This:

2009_1226guitars0020.jpg

Campfire said:
Oh, wow, RT! I'd love a narrow boat, a maximum of 50ft for practicality. One of these days...... I hope you still enjoy it.

No, sadly I sold it years ago. It was a 52 footer - I moved from a 30 footer, which was just too small - and it had an engine room in the middle where I could keep all my bikes, and I loved it. When we bought the house last year, I kept trying to persuade Ms RT that what she really wanted was for us to buy a narrowboat, but she wouldn't hear of it.;)

Rigid Raider said:
This bloody house. Although the OP excluded buying houses we've spent another £50,000 eradicating all the naff B&Q Victoriana, artex and shite plumbing and electrics from it. Done most of it, had to sell my beloved Land Rover to finance the new boiler, only got the kitchen left to do. We'll have to rob a bank to do that though.

That's a good point. We spent getting on for six grand having a damp course, new wooden floor and a rewire before we'd even moved in. And we've still got a good way to go yet.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Cubist said:
A Perazzi MX8 shotgun and a custom-built Remington rifle. Both cost about the same.

mmmmmmm. ;):thumbsup:;):thumbsup: Lucky Lucky Cubist! I am happy with my Beretta 686 silver pigeon at over half the price!

Cubist said:
To the watch lovers among you, esp Hacienda, I proudly wear my Dad's Omega Constellation which he bought in 1972.

Likewise the most expensive watch I have bought was a £200 fashion accessory, My dad gave me his Tag Heuer for my 21st. I get it services every 5 years and it never misses a beat or drops a second, have not got a clue what its worth or how much he paid.

Top Bottom