What is your most expensive purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Does it tell the time better?;)

I spent far too much on new solid oak doors throughout the house although it was her decision not mine. I held out for 11 years though so we regard it as a draw.:biggrin:

gavintc

Guru
An interesting question. Relative values, that is %age of annual salary rather than the number of £'s. I think I would put the 2 engagement rings I have bought in my life. I think the first one was worth more, at least it hurt my pocket more! But they probably are pretty equal to the Pinarello F4:13 I bought my wife about 4 years ago.

Rhythm Thief said:
My narrowboat, at £15 500. Although I bought that to live in, so I suppose it should count as my house. Other than that, probably my acoustic guitar, which was £800. My cars never cost more than three or four hundred quid.;)

Oh, wow, RT! I'd love a narrow boat, a maximum of 50ft for practicality. One of these days...... I hope you still enjoy it.

My Anura trike, my 3rd hand Rolex (about 25 years ago) which actually cost around £200 + a gold watch trade-in. My conservatory, which I suppose is classed as the house.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I went for

omega-seamaster-professional-2531-80-divers-watch.jpg

I thought (no offence) a Rolex was a little ostentatious;). Submariner nice watch though

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Hacienda71 said:
I went for

omega-seamaster-professional-2531-80-divers-watch.jpg

I thought (no offence) a Rolex was a little ostentatious;). Submariner nice watch though

i think most are but the Submariner for some reason I view as not.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

rich p said:
Does it tell the time better?;)

I spent far too much on new solid oak doors throughout the house although it was her decision not mine. I held out for 11 years though so we regard it as a draw.:smile:

:biggrin: It doesn't actually. keeps shoot time. But it looks good;) IMHO A watch i have that cost a a lot less that Mrs greedo bought me for our first Christmas never drops a second whereas the one I posted probably drops a couple of seconds every hour.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Greedo said:
;) It doesn't actually. keeps shoot time. But it looks good;) IMHO A watch i have that cost a a lot less that Mrs greedo bought me for our first Christmas never drops a second whereas the one I posted probably drops a couple of seconds every hour.

Its a piece of craftsmanship though. If you want a more accurate watch get a £1.99 quartz special.

Bayerd

Über Member
For me, it'd have to be my Bass Trombone, current set up is about a grand, which is peanuts for them as some cost over 6....

I think our next main purchase will probably be a decent bed. Had one with the first mrs, definately makes for a better night's sleep.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Greedo said:
What did you buy???

This was my first one and one I wanted for years. Will last me all my life if serviced every 5 years.

Rolex-Submariner.jpg

My watch is the most expensive thing i own. besides my car.
i have...
img.asp

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It all depends. If my bikes are regarded as individual purchases of their component parts it will not be my bikes and the most expensive purchase will therefore be my uilleann pipes.

Globalti

Legendary Member
This bloody house. Although the OP excluded buying houses we've spent another £50,000 eradicating all the naff B&Q Victoriana, artex and shite plumbing and electrics from it. Done most of it, had to sell my beloved Land Rover to finance the new boiler, only got the kitchen left to do. We'll have to rob a bank to do that though.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Rigid Raider said:
This bloody house. Although the OP excluded buying houses we've spent another £50,000 eradicating all the naff B&Q Victoriana, artex and shite plumbing and electrics from it. Done most of it, had to sell my beloved Land Rover to finance the new boiler, only got the kitchen left to do. We'll have to rob a bank to do that though.

It could have been worse. You could have bought Fred Dibnah's place.....

Top Bottom