What item of clothing do you have which is a conversation starter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got an Irish cycling jersey and that usually starts a conversation; I think though folk are disappointed when they find out I'm not Irish.

None of my casual clothes really start any conversation. Occasionally I'll get 'you look nice in that' but that's from folk I already know.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Steve Austin said:
Buff. All non-cycling folk can't help but ask about it

What, you go out in the buff?

Vibram%20FiveFingers%20Classic%20Black.jpg

Brains

Legendary Member
Arch said:
My Foska Marmite jersey usually gets a remark or two.

I have the brilliant Foska Marmite winter jacket that they did for a while (now dropped as people complained it was 'too hot'). Get comments and smiles every time I wear it, even if it's WMV shouting 'My Mate!'

longers

Legendary Member
^ the bloke I work with used to make that kind of stuff. If he made it the stitching will be superb.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
gaz said:
I pay toad tax jersey.

You'll be paying that tax until you croak too! :blush:

BearPear

Veteran
Not me, but Mr BP had an REM T-shirt which was printed on the wrong side in honour of their song "Inside Out". People were always telling he had his shirt on wrong when they spotted the seams and label!

longers

Legendary Member
I've got clothes that family and friends say "you're not still wearing that are you?" about. Does that count?

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have a tee short that has four cats padding towards you on the front. That normally starts conversation off quite well.

Then I turn round and on the back are the same four cats walking away, tails in the air. That normally gets even more conversation and quite a few laughs.

Top Bottom