What item of clothing do you have which is a conversation starter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Nothing really. The only thing I wear that gets the odd comment is my fluorescent pink t-shirt. Generally tends to be along the lines of "you can see you a mile off wearing that". Which is good really as if I'm on the bike I want people to see me a mile off!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Piemaster said:
Vibram%20FiveFingers%20Classic%20Black.jpg

are they any good?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I once wore cycling tights to cycle to work instead of the Ronhill Bikesters I ususally wear on commutes. Never again! :becool:

One colleague still can't look me in the eye, and the office girl blushes if I ask her anything. :becool:

Rebel Ian

My bright yellow tutu that I wear exclusively on the London to Brighton ride normally attracts comments. "Oh look Dad, it's a fairy" was one this year :becool:

Globalti

Legendary Member
My Glengarry cap, as worn by Scottish pipers - people ask if I'm in the cadets or something. I like the way the ribbons flutter in the breeze, usually only wear it in remote windy places!

PaulB

Legendary Member
MacB said:
are they any good?

They look weird and are expensive and claims are made as to their healthy benefits. Hmm, I'm not investing yet until I've heard or read comments from people who've got these.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
probably my inspiral carpets 'cool as ****' t-shirt, which i still have. having children seems to have put a stop to me wearing it though, which is probably a good thing…

brokenbetty

Über Member
It's not exactly clothing, but loads of people have asked me where I got my Basil Flora shopper pannier. And they haven't all been female either!

brokenbetty said:
It's not exactly clothing, but loads of people have asked me where I got my Basil Flora shopper pannier. And they haven't all been female either!

Did you get it from Cycle Chic?

I used to have a pair of knee length emerald green flat boots. That was in the days that they were outstanding and stunning and nobody had ever seen such things. I suppose I looked like a gnome or something! Nowadays that would be quite normal.

I don't like to have T shirts that advertise things, as that would mean my chest getting attention, which I don't want. However, I've been thinking of getting a T shirt done with a discreet design, which I'm working on, which hopefully won't attract too much attention.

Maizie

Veteran
I have a black t-shirt and on the front in red is written "They gave me my command, a checklist, and a button to push".

It's a paraphrased quote from Crimson Tide, my favourite film, and my husband got it printed for me.

But I like wearing it to work, because it pretty much sums up my job as well!!

Top Bottom