What kind of cyclist are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
U

User482

I'm a cyclist. I don't fit the categories. The only two I couldn't be are The Messenger and The Beautiful Godzilla. And The Observer has really lost it if it's reprinting blog posts now...

It was a light-hearted article in a sunday supplement. I suspect one or two people are taking it a little more seriously than it was intended to be.

Mountain Biker through and through. I even have the goatie and I have driven for hours to just for a couple hours on the bike.

I do have a road bike and I roadie quite a bit, but only to get fitter for mtbing.

I also have a town bike, single speed (not quite fixie, (yet)), that I ride to the bike shop to buy new parts for the mountain bike.

The article missed the part where all mountain bikers HAVE to chase down and scalp every roadie we see. :biggrin:

jimboalee

If Birmingham ( or Solihull ) ever build a velodrome, I'll be there like a shot.

I'd take my £2k to Fred Williams before you can say 'knife'.

Deep down inside, I'm a track man.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I wait with interest to see a picture of Arch after she stops shaving for a while! (Don't mean it really).

You want a picture of my armpits?

Although the shins do get a bit hairier in winter, when I wear shorts less, and the cold bathroom means I'm minimising time taken in the shower....

ThePainInSpain

Another "None of the Above" here.

'Middle aged and slow' would probably fit me. They need to add Pootler and Utility to their list for me.

Can't be Righteous 'cos I also drive a car and certainly don't think cycling makes any difference to anything much except my waistline, Beautiful Godzilla is out, and none of the rest of their categories fit either.

I wait with interest to see a picture of Arch after she stops shaving for a while! (Don't mean it really).

That's me too.........................................

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Contraption Captain, which is appropriate as my trike has been named as The Gentleman's Touring Contraption.

D

Deleted member 1258

Like other people I don't fit any of the boxes in that article, people have been trying to pigeon hole me for years but no ones succeeded yet.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Err * hesitates to ask - but WTH * - what's the latest fashion there then Arch? Ponytails????

As far as that OP article is concerned - I'm a bit of a misfit too. C'est la vie.

One side has beaded braids, the other a 50s style quiff....

Or not. No, they are generally shaved, but I'm not super fussy about it....

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Slow and v. happy to be so. I enjoy the journey pootling along and let the rest of'em get on with it. Modern life's so damn fast anyways the last thing I need is to cycle as if my arse was on fire!

Top Bottom