What lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Difference between a 25LUX Smart and a Magicshine 816.
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/magicshine-mj-816e.116938/

Like Night vs Day I would have thought. I have a few Smart 35lux front lights which I got prior to getting my Exposure Max D light and I thought they were bright! So wrong I was. They are pidley compared to my Max D Mk3. I collect my new one on wednesday, the Mk5, which I am looking forward to riding with. Should be awesome.

Downward

Guru
I've got two of these. 1 bought 12 months ago and one this Sept. I have one for distance and one for closer. You won;t get much better for the money. Even if they only last the wimter you will have had your monies worth.

Well the one I bought off Amazon last Year has lasted me one winter and is still ok so hopefully The E Bay one will be used as backup.

Happy today though as I found my Smart 1 Watt Rear light in the back garden - Must have left it there a few weeks ago.

Twilkes

Guru
I bought two Cree Q5s from ebay, based on reading and re-reading a few of the threads here. £16 for the pair and seems plenty bright enough to stop me getting lost on Glasgow Green. Quite a few of the lights suggested here have separate battery packs, and there's no way I could set that up on my bike without having the batteries in my pocket, so standalone torchlights it is.

Also they came with a free rear light, which, when mounted on my seat stem below the two dangling LED lights I got for free from a road safety stall, it makes it look like I have a sad robot on my rack....

Attachments

• DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 39

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I bought two Cree Q5s from ebay, based on reading and re-reading a few of the threads here. £16 for the pair and seems plenty bright enough to stop me getting lost on Glasgow Green. Quite a few of the lights suggested here have separate battery packs, and there's no way I could set that up on my bike without having the batteries in my pocket, so standalone torchlights it is.

Also they came with a free rear light, which, when mounted on my seat stem below the two dangling LED lights I got for free from a road safety stall, it makes it look like I have a sad robot on my rack....

Hey, with those lights I will recognize you for sure if I ever see you in the Green :laugh:
I have also bought a Cree 500 lumens from a local shop (seen it by chance, thought I better get it, was only a tenner) for the very purpose of illuminating my way in the Green.
Got the brackets today, will try it out on the commute tomorrow.
Might just bump into you, as I have an early finish for a change! :hello:

Twilkes

Guru
Generally pass through about half 5, but one of the LEDs sometimes knocks itself onto flash mode, so if it looks like I'm winking at you don't take it the wrong way...... 8-)

Top Bottom